Mercedes M271 Kompressor Engine Timing Chain Adjusters Alternative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M271

Car
Mercedes ML320 x2 Suzuki Jimny
Hi All

Thought people might like to know that there is a cheaper solution to the camshaft timing adjusting gears problem on the M271 engine than replacing with OEM gears at almost £500 per gear now.
I specialize in repairing these engines and it was always a factor of cost to repair or replace these engines, parts were expensive but now a second hand engine is getting ridiculous in price as well.

I found a guy on ebay selling re manufactured gears at much less than the OEM route. As most people know the old gears are made of cast iron thus they wear or get damaged easily.
These gears have the old gear face removed and a new steel gear profile added making it 4x plus stronger. I have fitted three sets of these in the last 3 months with no problems.

Just search Mercedes M271 timing adjusters or gears and you should find them.

Hope this info helps

w203

Good day
Let me know the contacts to purchase the gears.

Regards.

Serge

m271.co.uk

I have had a set from Gavin and there great, with good back up as well.

www.merc271.com

Hi There
Check out the website www.merc271.com for cam gear repair kit.
Costs about 350 Pounds for the kit depending on the exchange rate. Comes with complete instructions and is very easy to do. :thumb:

Hi There
Check out the website www.merc271.com for cam gear repair kit.
Costs about 350 Pounds for the kit depending on the exchange rate. Comes with complete instructions and is very easy to do. :thumb:

Must be good kit... it has been ten years in the making :D

(I shouldn't be laughing - mine is aN M271... :( )

Must be good kit... it has been ten years in the making :D

(I shouldn't be laughing - mine is aN M271... :( )

I wonder just how many will trust an untested product from an as yet unknown company operating out of South Africa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom