Mercedes may regain No2 premium sales position from Audi by 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igurisu

Car
911 Turbo
FRANKFURT -- Mercedes-Benz may regain its position as the world's second-largest manufacturer of luxury cars in 2015 after losing it to Audi last year, the German newspaper Handelsblatt reported, citing forecasts from the Center of Automotive Research at the university of Duisburg-Essen in Germany.

Interesting line in the article,
Mercedes is aiming to put 10 completely new models on the market by 2015

Thats a lot of models in a short space of time for any car maker. Full article here, http://europe.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120430/ANE/304299978/1494

They do seem to be on a bit of a mission lately, even adding a new van to the line up. Also helps explain the revamp of the nomenclature of the models.

Has there been some expressed reason by Mercedes as to why the sudden flurry of updating everything?

That said, the amount of 'They're an old mans car' comments I still hear every time I talk about them probably goes a little way to explain why they are trying out a new image with it's lineup and breadth of selection.

That said, the amount of 'They're an old mans car' comments I still hear every time I talk about them probably goes a little way to explain why they are trying out a new image with it's lineup and breadth of selection.

And the new A class has my attention.

If BMW don't fix there theft isues, MB together with Audi will gain quite a few sales. . .

And the new A class has my attention.

If BMW don't fix there theft issues, MB together with Audi will gain quite a few sales. . .

There do appear to be an amazing number of BMWs being stolen! Scarily you can buy a kit and instructions on t'internet.

I hope MB aren't going to suffer the same problems...

It reminds me of the issue with viruses on computers.

The old adage was there's so many viruses for windows because it's such a popular operating system, and apple computers rarely had any viruses. Once Mac's become more mainstream they started rearing they're heads on there too in the end.

Neither was more secure than the other, there just wasn't a market for it.

I think the same between the spate of BMW thefts (and material on how to acquire them) - once the Mercedes lineup becomes more mainstream and desirable to the masses, I reckon the same will happen to them.

Not that Mercedes are not mainstream or desirable of course, just not as much as BMW in the average persons mind (IMHO).

If BMW don't fix there theft isues, MB together with Audi will gain quite a few sales. . .

I bet very, very few potential owners are aware of the issue with BMWs - it doesn't new models sold today, soems to be a 2007-2011 ish thing.

As far as I know they way it's being done can't be done on an MB.

C class coupe is everywhere where I live at the moment, local MB dealer must be shifting loads given the 12 plate cars I have seen as of late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom