Mercedes Me 2020 hybrid charging

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterhybrid

Car
C350e
Hi,
Just a long shot really - I've been playing email ping pong with MB support for a month now and they have finally admitted that they are no longer supporting the daytime/night time electricity feature of the old Mercedes Me App. There is no equivalent in the 2020 app. That means I can't charge my C350e at the off peak rate during the night hours using a timer function. Anyone any ideas about how to achieve this? Thanks for any help

A stand alone timer in the charging circuit?

Hi - thanks for the reply. Yes that would make sense but It's not so simple. The car has to see a pilot connection with the charger which it establishes as soon as you plug in. I can't see anything online where someone has been able to overcome that with a timer. Rolec have recently produced a smart version of my wallbox but its hundreds of £. To be honest it seems every other manufacturer has a timer function so you can set a charging "window". It make sense, not only to make use of your cheap rate, but it also spreads the load to the grid. Flattens the curve, to be topical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom