Mercedes Me Adapter App - Erroneous Warning Message: "engine oil level/oil pressure"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
I used Angie's SLK55 last Sunday and while idly checking notifications on my phone yesterday was spooked to see one from the Mercedes Me Adapter App complete with red Warning! banner: "Warning message engine oil level/oil pressure", and an invitation to call the 24hr Hotline or the Dealer. Now, I had no recollection of any cluster messages nor warning lamps while I was driving, so thought I'd better check the car: the oil level was fine, there were no stored messages on the cluster, so I started up the engine (no warning lamps on the instruments) and then ping! , the App alerted me with the message on my phone again.

Now a really quick way to trash an engine is to run it low on oil or with low oil pressure, so there was no way I was going to ignore the warning and I called the dealer. Told them about the issue, including that the oil level is fine and the absence of cluster messages or warning lamps, and was told that they'd make enquiries and get back to me which they now have.

They have determined that there is an issue with the Adapter App erroneously reporting this engine oil level/oil pressure warning. I was told that multiple concerned customers have called their dealers who have subsequently investigated and found no fault with their cars, and that the Mercedes Me Adapter team in Germany are working on a bug fix. As such, there's nothing to be concerned about. Needless to say I now have that information in an email from them, safely stored away.

So nice to know that the technology's reliable and can be trusted :rolleyes:

I also got an erroneous Mercedes Me message regarding an engine problem with my SLK 55 but as there were no engine warning lights on the dash board and it was running perfectly i ignored it? Probably had I not had a T1 Warranty running I might have reacted differently :rolleyes:

Same for me on an SLK55, Mercedes Me App and the Adapter set up. I've sent the logs to the Mercedes techies but in the mean time tossed the unit in the boot as it reports this on both my cars now and therefore is of no use. It's also potentially nasty for owners as some may feel their cars need more oil and overfill their cars!!!

Same for me on an SLK55, Mercedes Me App and the Adapter set up. I've sent the logs to the Mercedes techies but in the mean time tossed the unit in the boot as it reports this on both my cars now and therefore is of no use. It's also potentially nasty for owners as some may feel their cars need more oil and overfill their cars!!!

Keep telling you all on our group slim "Keep life simple"

Toss it in the bin not your boot.

; 0 )

The techies have come back and there is an update of the app now in the Google Play Store under "update" section which fixes this and moves the App Version to 3.8.51 :thumb:
Update available in the App Store for iOS too, error message now disappeared 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom