Mercedes Me adapter, fault codes, and fake warnings? CLS63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hubs

Car
CLS63
Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice on this.

I picked up my Mercedes Me Adapter yesterday, mainly for curiosity/gadgets sake.

Anyway, i noticed that it says there was a warning message about a “Engine indicator lamp on” (which i’m assuming it means the check engine light?)

The check engine light isn’t on, or any others.

So, I plugged in my OBD code reader this morning to check it out, and it showed 2 codes:

A “pending fault” P0418, which i think is a Secondary Air Injection System Relay A Malfunction

and a P1067 code, possible MAF? Not really sure.

Neither of these code numbers were in the awesome list of fault codes that i found on this site.

Here: Full Diagnostic Trouble Codes List

(Post edit, actually the 418 code is in this list:

The dreaded engine management light )

So. If it’s a Secondary Air system relay, should i just replace that? Especially as i’ve heard about them failing then burning out the pump motor. If so, where is that relay on a W219 CLS63, and what’s its part number? (I think it's in the boot panel board?)

And on the second code, WTF? Car runs spot on. Not noticed any issues at all… I read somewhere that a dodgy MAF can decrease MPG radically - and i thought that was being caused by 6.2 litres of AMG's finest up front!!

Or, am i just being paranoid, and looking for issues that aren’t really there!?

TIA.

M.

Clear the codes and see if they return would be the first step.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I've cleared the codes several times now - at cold start up, warm start up, and during a journey, they come back almost immediately each time.

I'm thinking that replacing the relay would be a good start? Just don't know where it is!

Cheers.

Ok, so just in case it helps anyone else in the future.

From combining the information at W219 All fuse and relay assignments
and You are being redirected...

It would appear that the fuse and relay that deals with electric air pump is in the engine bay fuse box - Fuse 61 and Relay R (both at the frontmost RHS of the box as you look from standing in front of the car).

I'm going to get a replacement relay to see whether that removes the code. I'll post back once i've done that.

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom