Mercedes Me adapter now Free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just the adapter fitted to my W211.

What does it do?

thought it was going to tell me where I parked it, but no sign of that.

I have just the adapter fitted to my W211.

What does it do?

thought it was going to tell me where I parked it, but no sign of that.
Have you downloaded the appropriate app and software to your 'phone?
When you arranged for it to be fitted did you not get an email with instructions?

you need to enable location services in the app and on your phone settings

the Adapter is far too restricted in comparison with the Mercedes Me platfrom, not woth it I was given one for free but bearly use it

Thats because it's not for you, its for Mercedes and anyone who wants to pay Mercedes for your usage data !! They've just given you enough whistles for you to bother to plug it in and leave it plugged in thus providing an income stream for Mercedes and presumably some useful data analysis for Mercedes financial planning ...

See: -
Xentry-Shop - Remote Diagnostic Support
and
/ Remote Diagnostic Support - Docs

They sell the data for 5.99 Euros per access ....

Richard

Thats because it's not for you, its for Mercedes and anyone who wants to pay Mercedes for your usage data !! They've just given you enough whistles for you to bother to plug it in and leave it plugged in thus providing an income stream for Mercedes and presumably some useful data analysis for Mercedes financial planning ...

See: -
Xentry-Shop - Remote Diagnostic Support
and
/ Remote Diagnostic Support - Docs

They sell the data for 5.99 Euros per access ....

Richard
Richard, very interesting. If I read the link right, then you (the owner of the car) must give specific permission for a third party app to use the data in this way. Or did I miss something?

Richard, very interesting. If I read the link right, then you (the owner of the car) must give specific permission for a third party app to use the data in this way. Or did I miss something?

Did you read the MercedesMe terms and conditions?

Terms of use - Mercedes me

Copyrights

The user grants the PROVIDER of the platform, free of charge, the transferable, sub-licensable and non-exclusive usage rights, unlimited in terms of time and place, in particular to reproduce, process, disseminate and publicly communicate user posts – to any 'work' – made available by him or her on the platform as well as to the content posted on the platform from his or her user account, in particular the user name and profile picture, as far as legally possible. The USER waives the right to protect his or her visual or audio material with a copyright.

The user herewith agrees that content from his or her user account (for example, user name, profile picture, signature), user posts that he or she has made available on the platform and the details relating to use of the PLATFORM (for example 'registered since', 'last logged in on', 'logged in on', 'currently online') can be published on the platform by the PROVIDER.

Well Glad I dish it I think of getting a BleuDriver OBD2 Scanner since I have a 10.25 Android screen I will be able to diagnose my car erase fault code without any additional hardware such a PC or tablette :D

Well Glad I dish it I think of getting a BleuDriver OBD2 Scanner since I have a 10.25 Android screen I will be able to diagnose my car erase fault code without any additional hardware such a PC or tablette :D
You can also try Carly for Mercedes (check the Google Play store).

It's more expensive then the basic Bluetooth scanners, but it also can see several of the MB-specific ECUs (on my 2013 car, Carly can see 27 additional ECUs, i.e. on top of the standard OBDII protocol).

It's not as comprehensive as iCarsoft (and definitely nowhere near STAR), but like you pointed out it's easy to use because it's app-based so only requires an OBDII dongle and a mobile phone.

I already have a MB star for heavy work and coing, I only need an obd2 adapter to use it with my screen to diagnose and erase EML since I have a faulty sensor that need change or disabling as I dont have dpf any more but keep reading the values

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom