Mercedes Me and Satnav Maps - I think they want me to give up driving...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael100

Car
C200 AMG Line Premium Plus (2015)
Hi, I logged in to my Mercedes Me account on the website to get information about satnav map updates. It knows about me and my car. But when I click on 'Navigation Updates' it always switches to German and invites me to buy a bicycle! "Mercedes-Benz Fahrräder... Sind Sie bereit für eine Spritztour?"

Are they trying to tell me something?!?! Do others get the same?

All I wanted to know is what the current map is and what it costs!

-Michael

Do you have:

W203 C180 Kompressor (2000-2008) with COMAND NTG2?

or

W204 C180 (2008-2010) pre-facelift with COMAND NTG4?

or

W204 C180 (2011-2014) facelift with Audio20 and Becker Map Pilot navigation?

or

W204 C180 (2011-2014) facelift with COMAND Online NTG4.5?

I am guessing the latter? If so then the latest version is 2019-2020 V19.0, released on November 2019.

Cost varies from £99 to £199, depending wherw/how you purchase it.

Looking at your other threads, you have a W205?

If so, it will have either COMAND Online NTG5*2, or Audio20 with Garmin Map Pilot navigation. Which is it?

What threw me off is that your profile describes your car as 'C180'. But C180 was last available in the UK in 2014, as the W204 (the W205 petrol was only sold in the UK as 'C200').

So either you changed your car and no longer have a C180, but haven't updated your profile.... or you are not based in the UK?

Hi Mark, I've now fixed my vehicle description here on MBclub. I think that makes it a W205? And thus COMAND Online NTG5*2 ?

I've just contacted Comand Online who quote £250. Is that reasonable? If updates are around November then it's probably best to wait for the next update before buying. I got put off updating once the warranty expired because a major new road near me was still missing over a year after it opened.
-Michael

PS Thanks for your helpful replies in the face of my ignorance!

Yes, your W205 will have COMAND Online NTG5*2.

The latest maps version for NTG5*2 is 2020 V14.0, releases on 17/06/2020.

The prices from www.comandonline.co.uk are generally very reasonable, however some dealers (though not all) are offering maps update while the car is being serviced, for just £99. Might be worth contacting your local MB dealer and see if they are offering this.

Also, you might want to ask www.comandonline.co.uk or the dealer for a firmware update for your COMAND unit, while they have the car.... the firmware itself is free, but they will charge for labour, probably around £50 to £100 (depending on their rates).

And, your car will have the TomTom Live Traffic service. If the subscription expired, it can be renewed online via the 'Mercedes me' website (after you have created a personal account and registered your car).

The traffic was easy to update. That bit of the MB website worked - but I still get the bicycles when I ask it about the satnav. I have now got through to the right person at my dealer (it must just be me but they are always difficult to contact) & they quoted £99 which from your earlier comment is very reasonable.

There are many who don't bother & rely on Google maps, Waze etc.. running on a smart phone or tablet.

I use both my smart phone & for longer journeys or overseas a purpose bought 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android tablet - which I bought 2nd hand for less than £100.

NJSS

Well just to round things off I now have my updated satnav map 2020 V14.0 and it did cost £99. The roads seem up to date, but the location of my local Mercedes dealer?... it's at least 3 years since they left where the satnav thinks they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom