Mercedes Me - Any Good/Does it work? W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haz750

Car
Mercedes C250
Hi All,

I have had the mercedes me dongle installed in my car for free whilst my C250 was in for a service.

Have downloaded the app and done the usual, but all I get is just the app home screen. Guessing I have to pair it? But will have a look into it and figure it out.

In the meantime, anyone have it fitted and is it any good? As usual any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

You need the Mercedes Me Adapter app, not the Mercedes Me app. Emphasis on the word 'Adapter'.....

If you are still having issues pairing the Bluetooth dongle to your phone and activating the app, then call the Mercedes Me helpline on 00800 9 777 77 77 - I found them to be very helpful when I needed their help in the past.

As above, make sure you have the correct adapter app and look for the adaptor and pair it via the Bluetooth on your phone then start the Mercedes Me Adapter app and follow the instructions

Hi All,

I have had the mercedes me dongle installed in my car for free whilst my C250 was in for a service.

Have downloaded the app and done the usual, but all I get is just the app home screen. Guessing I have to pair it? But will have a look into it and figure it out.

In the meantime, anyone have it fitted and is it any good? As usual any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Once you have it up and running you will either love it or hate it!

When it tells you all is good with your car, you love it!

When it tells you that something is amiss, then you either love or hate it!

Tbh its a gimmick and has no real world benefit, for me all it does is run down the battery in my phone quicker.
A while ago i had an eml light come on and app said this too, so since my car was still under warranty it was taken in to mercedes and they told me they have no idea what was wrong with car as there was no codes listed either via pending, live or historic, so it doesnt help with that either

Mine keeps telling me my battery is only partly charged and I need to go for a 30 min drive , booked in with MB to check in a few weeks. 2018 W205.

It’s helpful for when I forget to lock the car as it sends a notification and allows you to lock it remotely.

Other than that it’s pants.

But not for the adaptor, doesnt tell youif you have forgotten to lock it

it has some useful features. I think knowing how many litres of fuel is in the tank is one, and recording start/end and duration/distance of all of your journeys is another.

But not for the adaptor, doesnt tell youif you have forgotten to lock it
So it’s even more pants :)

The receptionist bird in the dealers fitted mine and paired it all up. I wanted to pair with her to be honest ;)

Overall, its a bit of a gimmick. Keeping track of your fueling etc is quite nice I guess, and its handy that its got the phone number for Mobilio when the inevitable happens.

And boy oh boy does it monster through your phones battery!

I don't understand why people are saying the app is eating your phone's battery? Are you leaving the app open all the time? The OS will halt any app that's using excessive CPU power in the background.

You can go into the settings and see which apps are consuming most battery life, and how much of that is "background" activity.

I'm booked in to have this installed next week so will see.

I don't understand why people are saying the app is eating your phone's battery? Are you leaving the app open all the time? The OS will halt any app that's using excessive CPU power in the background.

You can go into the settings and see which apps are consuming most battery life, and how much of that is "background" activity.

I'm booked in to have this installed next week so will see.

The MB Adapter app is consistently highest on the list on my Galaxy S7 edge. In fact I complained to MB directly about it and got a wishy washy response from the social media team along the lines of "we know there are some issues with power usage under some circumstances"

:eek:

I guess you can just quit the app once you're done with it?

At least they're aware of the problem, I guess an update will fix it fingers crossed.

I could quit the app. But then I would have to remember to start it again each time I drive. And that is fairly unlikely to happen lol

It's fine on my S9+. Open on the background and does not take up much battery. Possibly the + has a bigger battery so not so badly affected.

My phone doesn't want to pair with the adapter this week. It worked OK last week. Seems a bit flaky but I'll persevere as good to have details of previous journeys and check how much fuel you've got left.

Thanks All, glad to know I wasn't the only one who had this fitted and had teething problems. Will give their helpdesk a call and try to get it paired up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom