Mercedes me app: Car is unlocked messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickpb

Car
A180d Sport Executive
Is it just me or is anyone else getting p****d off with the latest Mercedes me app repeatedly telling you the car is unlocked?

It's forever telling me it's unlocked but when I look out, it's not. I've also had the messages a couple of times while I have been driving!

I suspect it's got something to do with the p**s poor communication between the car and the wireless/internet because looking up an address is painfully slow as well (when it actually works that is - this version of navigation is another story).
Aside from the engine I'm not overly impressed with this model anymore.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting p****d off with the latest Mercedes me app repeatedly telling you the car is unlocked?

It's forever telling me it's unlocked but when I look out, it's not. I've also had the messages a couple of times while I have been driving!

I suspect it's got something to do with the p**s poor communication between the car and the wireless/internet because looking up an address is painfully slow as well (when it actually works that is - this version of navigation is another story).
Mine does the same. If you go into the App. as opposed to the message, on mine, it usually confirms that the car is locked.

Ernie

You should not get the message whilst driving.

I get them when washing car etc and sometimes do not notice the alert straight away but clicking message or opening app normally shows the car is locked.

I find it a useful reminder.

Robin

Mine (on my GLC) is spot on - normally because another member of the family has driven the car and left it open...

Edit

That's odd, OP do you use an iOS iPhone or an android phone ?

seems to work fine on android. the only thing I would say is if you did leave it unlocked for a brief period , it will send you a notification (if you don't have a properly working Wi-Fi or data connection for a while it will send it as soon as you get a connection ) , and you might end up getting the vehicle unlocked notification a bit later on after you've locked the car, or have got back in and are driving perhaps

As a matter of interest Robin how did you do that. I say you, I may be erroneously accusative. Just don't want to do the same.

As a matter of interest Robin how did you do that. I say you, I may be erroneously accusative. Just don't want to do the same.
I had locked the car and it was the first day of a week long trip in France, went to back of car and pushed the open tailgate button (Estate car) removed an item from the rear and pushed the button to close tailgate and as I was walking away realised I had left the key on a bag in the rear.

The ability to open tailgate only whilst car is locked can be handy but you have to bare in mind that the close button will do just that and the car is still locked.

My car is not keyless entry hence it locked with keys inside.

Robin

I just dont get the audible alert on my phone ! it shows the car locked or unlocked but no audible alert anymore !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom