Mercedes Me app connectivity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony7Bear

Car
C220d Sport Premium Plus
I'm a bit confused about how the Mercedes Me app communicates with my car so I thought I would come here and ask the experts.

Up until recently I assumed the car communicated with the app via wi-fi or the USB cable when plugged in to the system, however last week I started parking in an underground car park while at work and upon checking the app while in the office I noticed that the vehicle status page told me that the ignition was still on and the parking brake was disengaged, this was incorrect as I discovered after a thirty minute round trip to check!

The car park has wi-fi access that my phone is connected to as soon as I enter the building so this is why I'm confused about the operation of the service, can anyone enlighten me please?

I'm a bit confused about how the Mercedes Me app communicates with my car so I thought I would come here and ask the experts.

Up until recently I assumed the car communicated with the app via wi-fi or the USB cable when plugged in to the system, however last week I started parking in an underground car park while at work and upon checking the app while in the office I noticed that the vehicle status page told me that the ignition was still on and the parking brake was disengaged, this was incorrect as I discovered after a thirty minute round trip to check!

The car park has wi-fi access that my phone is connected to as soon as I enter the building so this is why I'm confused about the operation of the service, can anyone enlighten me please?
It will be using an onboard 3G/4G SIM which can’t now be used to report current status as it can’t get a signal in the underground car park.

You can see the status as it was when it last had a signal, ie driving into the car park, at which time the ignition was on and the handbrake was off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom