Mercedes Me App - Pre Entry Climate Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DougieHolmes

Car
Mercedes C350E
Hi there

Ive finally managed to get the Mercedes Me App to work and connect to my car and have been having a play tonight. The one thing which is baffling me is the Pre Entry Climate Control.

I don't see how I adjust it through the app to determine whether the car is heated or cooled. Is this something I need to setup in the car itself or is there a way to alter this in the app? The other thing Im wondering is as I live in a mid terrace house I don't have a plug in port to use all the time. Does the Electric Drive (Goodness knows what the technical term would be) side of the car need to be charged for the Pre Entry Climate Control to work?

So impressed with the car, am just trying to get my head round all of its features slowly but surely.

Thanks in advance.

Dougie

I did try that Kianok and again. I can set a time and activate it but theres no way of customising it to either heat or cool. Maybe it does have something to do with being plugged in. Im baffled.

It heats or cools depending on the temp you selected prior to turning off the engine.
It does not need to be plugged in to pre heat, but will obviously only work if you have have some charge in the battery if it isn't.

Thanks for your answer JontyButts. Could you just tell me if the temperature set is the standard in car temp I had before I turn the engine off or is it set in a specific option in the car?

There is no separate heating/cooling options for pre entry, only what you left the climate control set too prior to exiting the car.
If it's set at 22 and it's cooler than this it will heat, if it's set at 22 and it's warmer than this then it will cool.

Hi Dougie, did you ever manage to get this setup on your car? I've tried to set the car up to heat up automatically before I leave for work via the MB Me portal, but it just fails, does the car need to be plugged in?

I can confirm that the car does NOT need to be plugged in for pre-entry climate control to function. One factor though, there is likely a minimum charge requirement before it’ll kick in. Can’t see the designers letting you totally flatten the HV battery with the HVAC.

I have this option on my 2017 C300h non plug in hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom