Mercedes Me app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
The dealer has now activated the system, I've had an email, and on the Portal I can activate services. However all the services say is "Activating...". Do I need to connect the car to my iPhone's personal hotspot and do anything?

Once they've registered you on Mercedes Me, they then also need to authorise you on Mercedes Connect Me so you can actually get all the goodies.

Go back to the dealer and get them to finish the job. The problem is when I did it they admitted that hardly anyone has been trained on this so it's all a bit hit and miss. But for goodness sake don't call the Mercedes Me helpdesk as they are actually Mercedes CR team in Milton Keynes who are utterly hopeless.

Once they've registered you on Mercedes Me, they then also need to authorise you on Mercedes Connect Me so you can actually get all the goodies.

Go back to the dealer and get them to finish the job. The problem is when I did it they admitted that hardly anyone has been trained on this so it's all a bit hit and miss. But for goodness sake don't call the Mercedes Me helpdesk as they are actually Mercedes CR team in Milton Keynes who are utterly hopeless.

I can't agree with this. I had exactly the same problem as the original poster, but a call to the MercedesMe help desk sorted it. It did indeed require a further visit to the dealer but the help desk people called the dealer to explain to them what software update needed to be performed.
Thread about it here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/194240-mercedes-me-app.html

Regards
M

Well it seems to be similar in that post. Ie there is a lack of knowledge exhibited by the dealer; when I called the dealer yesterday they “did the setup” for me (whatever that entails) which admittedly did let me get further on the Mercedes Me website. However it seems to be stuck and nobody seems to know why. Incidentally, the technical / product knowledge the person had whom I spoke to was surprisingly poor and this was supposedly the dealer ‘speciallist’. So heaven help those of us who are reading frustratingly lacking manuals and stabbing randomly at buttons on their Internet page.

The bottom line is – the new C Class design & quality has stepped up the game with BMW (etc) … but BMW are still *years* ahead in this connectivity game – you can stream music services directly to the BMW car for example without having to set up a personal hotspot on your mobile.

Although it’s a great car I’m very, very frustrated with the lack of information available.

I can't agree with this. I had exactly the same problem as the original poster, but a call to the MercedesMe help desk sorted it. It did indeed require a further visit to the dealer but the help desk people called the dealer to explain to them what software update needed to be performed.
Thread about it here:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/194240-mercedes-me-app.html

Regards
M

No. On MY16 models (which apparently the OP has) there is no software to update. MB CR keep going on about it has to be connected to a POS machine (their own words) but no, it has to be connected to the Mercedes Connect Me by the dealer. I eventually got mine done by the MB salesman who posts on this forum.

I went to the dealer on Friday and they updated the software. IT WORKS!!!!

On the SatNav screen it now shows slow traffic, and also I get a small red car icon in the lower left.

And in the other screens I get the little car icon at the top with a blue 'receive' symbol above it.

Horrgakx said:
I went to the dealer on Friday and they updated the software. IT WORKS!!!! On the SatNav screen it now shows slow traffic, and also I get a small red car icon in the lower left. And in the other screens I get the little car icon at the top with a blue 'receive' symbol above it. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/horrgakx/media/temp/IMG_4081-Edit_zpsnmrpeyfl.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/horrgakx/media/temp/IMG_4082-Edit_zpsaed36tqj.jpg.html

Great! But given that the slow traffic was all behind you on your side of the road and all in front of you on the other...I guess we have to conclude that you were the problem heading to Troutbeck that day?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom