Mercedes Me + Collision Detected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
This was one of those features which I thought I'd turned off but apparently not as it's flagged up twice in the last couple of days. It shows a picture of the car from above with a red circle round it and states "Collision detected" Area: Unknown (slight impact) and then the time and date.

The problem with this is that the car's been in my garage for the last couple of weeks so it's obviously not had a collision but it has been up and down on the lift/ramp a few times which is what I'm assuming has set the alarm off.

I'd be interested to know if there's a way of deleting the warnings from history in the app as, to be honest, it's getting to annoy me having to look at a red exclamation mark every time I open it. I've had a look round online and the guys on the US forums are saying that once it's there it stays until the next "collision" which my limited experience would agree with, having seen yesterday's effort surpass Monday's.

I'm going to try to disable the app on the Mercedes ME website but don't hold out much hope as the last time I tried that it seemed to upset everything. Failing that, I may just get rid of ME completely as it doesn't really benefit my particular lifestyle so there are no real advantages to keeping it.

That feature paid off for me when somebody did in fact hit my car not so long ago, and the dash cam finished the job by recording it all :) But you're right, there doesn't seem to be a way to make it disappear from the app.

As long you still have an online account, you’ll still have the live traffic monitoring. You can then delete the app so you don’t get those notifications on your phone.

The same system alerted me when a bin lorry smashed into the front of my A35 and started to drive off, so personally I’m thankful for the alerts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only ever had one false alert(on the cars screen) when I brought my car back to Belfast on the ferry from Liverpool.
Next morning myself and my wife got in the car, I started it up and it popped up a message on the centre screen saying you're Mercedes has been involved in a collision, with a picture and area circled.
I'd already looked round the car before getting into it, so I knew there was no damage, so I assume the ferry movement and vibration confused the life out of it.
That alert did disappear though, and I think it was maybe after the car got its first service.

Just thought I'd add to this old thread as I was getting frustrated with the lack of information and the constant red background to my ME app.

I asked Mercedes ME support about it and, after a couple of days, they sent me the following reply: -

"Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect regarding Collision alert that you are not able to delete from Mercedes me app.

This is a known issue of the app and its developers are working on activating the "Deletion" button for this feature. So far unfortunately there is no way to erase the warning from the app. The button is planned to be implemented in a future version of the app in the second quarter of this year, however we do not know the exact date.

I apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding."

So at least they're aware of the issue, just waiting for them to get their act together now I suppose. The one consolation is that we're now well into the "second quarter of this year", so hopefully not too far off...

Mercedes me support are doing somethings to be fair.
I've had a recent problem with the remote parking app, in that it won't allow a connection to the car and I contacted support.
Its took about a month, but they have fixed the problem with the Android version of the app now for me, on a Samsung Galaxy S10+, as of last week.

About the red background then, is that supposed to be telling us there is some sort of a problem then?

Mercedes me support are doing somethings to be fair.

Yep, seems that way.

About the red background then, is that supposed to be telling us there is some sort of a problem then?

No idea I'm afraid, I just assumed that it was because of the warning I'm getting regarding the collision stuff. I don't remember it being a red background before the warning started though could easily be mistaken about this to be honest, probably due to a combination of senility and lockdown fever...

Screenshots as follows: -

001.jpg

Tis first one is how the app opens, with the text hidden at the bottom below the red exclamation mark

002.jpg

The second one shows what happens when you scroll down, with the last one showing what happens when Collision notification is clicked/touched.

003.jpg

As you can see, it's a bit vague on the affected area as there wasn't one as such, it was just bouncing on my ramp which set it off.

Screenshot_20200505-153210_Mercedes_me[1].jpg
I think its just red in general then, as I've no alerts showing
I had assumed mine was a red background to match the colour of the car, but obviously that's not the case either

Thanks for confirming Shaun. I suppose it makes me feel a bit better knowing that they're all like that. ;)

I still want to get rid of my exclamation mark and collision detected bit though...

My background is blue. I thought it might be something to do with the colour of the car but obviously not with the post above.

My background is blue. I thought it might be something to do with the colour of the car but obviously not with the post above.
Red in general is out the window then.

Maybe as a test, open a window or unlock the car and see if the background changes to red.

Ah well, I thought we had it sussed, obviously not. :(

I'm just going to have to wait with mine until their developers bring a fix out for it. Don't hold your breath waiting

Mine is the same, it was black for about 5 minutes when I downloaded it, but it hasn't worked properly since January. I suspected mine was a lack of phone signal for the comms module where my storage is, but it didnt work on my drive or in the city centre either, the previous car never had this problem when parked in the same places. It has been started and moved this week, but still not updated. It didnt update for 45 days before this.

Doesn't even show the car anymore either, but does on the web browser. I also notice on this new app I cant access driver personalisation, it just wont access it.

Its been showing doors unlocked, windows, bonnet and tailgate open since the new app rolled out in January (they are most certainly secure). The old app was working OK back in February, but now shows the same.

IMG_6685.PNGIMG_6686.PNG

Sounds like you left your wallet on the roof Dave :)

Only joking mate, hope you're well (and safe). Looking forward to meeting up asap, Matt

Sounds like you left your wallet on the roof Dave :)

I can't afford a wallet Matt. Had an AMG money clip as a freebie but nowt to put in that nowadays either. :(

Only joking mate, hope you're well (and safe). Looking forward to meeting up asap, Matt

And you, hopefully at Ollies mini Benz on the Green meet. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom