Mercedes me Connect Services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cmonyoureds

Car
GLA 35. X4 M40i
My Mercedes me services have expired today, vehicle monitoring, live traffic info, remote locking etc,etc, as the car is 3 years old. Is it worth paying to keep these services or not?

As suggested it depends upon whether you use them. For me they’re probably not worth it, as I don’t use them much, but I close my eyes and renew them.

Yes I suppose it’s a personal thing. I think when you get them for free you take them for granted, then when you are asked to pay for them you think, do I really need them? I will go a month or so without them and see how I get on, then I will decide if there are any features that I miss.

When mine expired last year I did not renew immediately but after a few weeks I looked at which features I missed now they had stopped working. Ended up paying for the vehicle services app £29 per year and put off renewing the TomTom Traffic information until I was due to do a long journey. This function is £49 per year and as I did not do any long journeys last year, or even this year so far, I just kept the money in the bank. I know that there are discounts on M Me products if you take a 2 or 3 year package but the discount is so small it’s hardly worth taking advantage of especially as I may change the car.

The valet mode and geofencing features are handy if you leave your car for periods of time - either at home when you’re not there, or elsewhere when you’re at home.

Never managed to get any of it working. Got the Mercedes Me adapter and made an account but the VIN of my car is associated with someone else’s account (previous owner).

Contacted Mercedes and they were no help at all.

Never managed to get any of it working. Got the Mercedes Me adapter and made an account but the VIN of my car is associated with someone else’s account (previous owner).

Contacted Mercedes and they were no help at all.

The Mercedes me Adapter with the Mercedes me Adapter app is a very different setup to the Mercedes me with the Mercedes me 2020 app. For one, the Adapter service is free.

In what way were Mercedes Customer Services 'no help at all'?

The Mercedes me Adapter with the Mercedes me Adapter app is a very different setup to the Mercedes me with the Mercedes me 2020 app. For one, the Adapter service is free.

In what way were Mercedes Customer Services 'no help at all'?
Emailed Mercedes who replied a few weeks later saying I had to go to a dealership. Contacted my nearest dealership three times who never got back to me.

As for the app, I’ve got two. An old looking app that doesn’t go through the connection process but instantly recognises that my VIN is tied to the previous owners account.

And a new app that actually attempts to connect my phone to the Mobile Me adaptor plugged in the OBD port, but then also comes back claiming the car is tied to a previous owners account.

Emailed Mercedes who replied a few weeks later saying I had to go to a dealership. Contacted my nearest dealership three times who never got back to me.

As for the app, I’ve got two. An old looking app that doesn’t go through the connection process but instantly recognises that my VIN is tied to the previous owners account.

And a new app that actually attempts to connect my phone to the Mobile Me adaptor plugged in the OBD port, but then also comes back claiming the car is tied to a previous owners account.
I found MercedesMe Custimer Services to be very good, do try them and the main dealer again. The car just needs to be disconnected or released from the previous owners MercedesMe account, and then associated with yours.

The reason they want you to go to a dealer is almost certainly because you’ll need to produce your V5 to prove that you are the registered keeper of the car.

That’s correct.
book a visit to the dealer to fill in a form. Take your V5 as proof of keeper.
Mine was working by the time I got home.

Does anyone use the remote start?
Mines been in today for the change of keeper etc, it’s not working yet, my Gle has the remote start option so we will see.
Real time tracking and live maps could be useful if possible

If you look at the price of keeping all the services.for 3 years, I think it might be worth getting one of those android screens installed which might provide many of the features, that is what I plan to do now my c300 is 3 years old

If you look at the price of keeping all the services.for 3 years, I think it might be worth getting one of those android screens installed which might provide many of the features, that is what I plan to do now my c300 is 3 years old

....or fit Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and use Waze.

I did that. Installed a 10.5 Android screen in my car two months ago.

What features were you looking for?

I did that. Installed a 10.5 Android screen in my car two months ago.

What features were you looking for?
I think waze, music streaming, hotspot, android auto would all be nice to have, and the android screens are available from aliexpress. Where did you get yours from?

I think waze, music streaming, hotspot, android auto would all be nice to have, and the android screens are available from aliexpress. Where did you get yours from?
Got mine from AliExpress. Had it fitted by an independent Car Audio shop down the road from me.

Here are my posts from a different thread about it.

Hi guys, I'm back.

I've had my Android screen fitted. 10.25 inch. Haven't played with it for long but from what I can gather it works in three ways.

1) Original NTG System.
So this is exactly what I had before, the same NTG system running on the new screen. You don't lose this system when you upgrade the screen. Works exactly as it did before. No touchscreen, Mercedes Navigation software, use the hardware controls in your car the same as before.

2) As an Android tablet for the car.
Run and download Android apps so full Google Maps or Waze, email, browser, media software like Netflix, iPlayer etc. There is an initial "skin" or "wrapper" so it gives the appearance of a modern Mercedes NTG/MBUX system. Hook your phone up via Bluetooth and also use it as a hotspot so that you have data enabled on the screen. Or insert a SIM card so you get data that way.

However, I'm not an Android phone user (this is my first ever Android device) so I'm still finding my way around things.

3) As an Apple CarPlay or Android Auto system.
This is actually done by going into the Android system and running a pre-installed app called 'Z-Link'. Connect your phone up via Bluetooth in advance, accept the prompt on your phone. After a few seconds you're presented with the Apple CarPlay interface (for me, as an iPhone user). This is the main way I'm going to use the screen, for now anyway. Until I get more accustomed to the Android system.

I paid £330 for the screen from AliExpress (fortunately no customs charges), and got the screen installed and fitted for £170.

So £500 complete.

View attachment 111687
The unit I bought is the N8 RHD (Right Hand Drive), for Mercedes W204, 2011-2015, NTG 4.5.
It’s from the Mekede AliExpress Store.

294.0US $ 30% OFF|Top! 8 cores 8+128GB Android10.0 car GPS radio player for Mercedes benz C Class W204 2011 2013 NTG 4.5 carplay DSP 1920X720HD|Car Multimedia Player| - AliExpress

There’s the N1, N8, N8 Pro, N8 Pro Max. Mine is the N8.
View attachment 111700

Just been looking at this

Vehicle setup pack for £29 a year it doesn't seem too bad but never had it setup for the 3 years since new 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom