Mercedes Me for 2017 GLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmcb

Car
E53 amg 4matic
Bought my wife a lovely 2017 GLS recently and it seems to be missing the same functionality as my own 2019 E53.

Missing from the GLS system seems to be remote locking and parked location amongst other things.

Anyone advise or confirm if our GLS is too old to have these and other functions. If so, would the adapter that I believe is available give me the functions in the GLS that I have and am used to in my own car??

TIA

Jim

You’re out of luck I’m afraid. The GLS has a 3G comms module installed, which is now obsolete. As of earlier this year, Mercedes started disabling the features you mentioned in readiness for the network switch off.

I know this because I have a 2017 C63S with the same problem. No adaptor is available because the Mercedes Me functionality is hard coded to use the onboard module - which also cannot be swapped for a 4G module (like the one in your E53).

Thanks for that. It’s good to know and I’ll stop being disappointed.
Enjoy the C63S. Wonderful car!
Jim

Thanks for that. It’s good to know and I’ll stop being disappointed.
Enjoy the C63S. Wonderful car!
Jim
I was annoyed too, I’ve had my car for three and a half years and those app functions only stopped working in early August. It’s another excuse to ‘upgrade’ the car to an E63S 😂

Good reason 🤪🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom