Mercedes Me - Imperial??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Horrgakx

Car
Audi S4 B9
Hi - the Mercedes Me app has figures relating to fuel economy and range that mean nothing to me. There is no obvious way of changing km to miles and litres to mpg. Does anyone know if this is possible??

If you click Settings, then Languages you can select the units but only Metric or US.

I imagine using US will give the mpg in US gallons?

That looks like the web app. Anybody able to tell me how to change the iPhone Mercedes Me app to miles ?

Does anybody actually have it in miles ? Mine only shows km's and nowhere in settings to change it. Tried changing everything on mercedes.me and the web app and they show miles but still not on iphone app.

That looks like the web app. Anybody able to tell me how to change the iPhone Mercedes Me app to miles ?

Does anybody actually have it in miles ? Mine only shows km's and nowhere in settings to change it. Tried changing everything on mercedes.me and the web app and they show miles but still not on iphone app.

Good question. I'd also like to see tyre pressures in PSI in the app and also more importantly in the car!! Not BAR like in the app or KPa like it is on the B-Pillar. Damn Germans mixing it up :)

Last edited:
Good question. I'd also like to see tyre pressures in PSI in the app and also more importantly in the car!! Not BAR like in the app or KPa like it is on the B-Pillar. Damn Germans mixing it up :)
Yeah there is definitely an iphone "app". Downloaded it from the apple app store a couple of weeks ago. Just search Mercedes Me in the store

Yeh sorry I saw that and edited my reply.
I've emailed support from within the app, I suggest we all do it in order that they take notice :)

I messaged them earlier and they just pointed me to settings on the Web App. Just messaged them again via the app so lets hope we get a decent response.

I messaged them earlier and they just pointed me to settings on the Web App. Just messaged them again via the app so lets hope we get a decent response.

What settings do they mean? The metric/imperial settings which aren't there??!
:fail

100 km is 61 miles. So, the car will use 7.6 litres in 61 miles...about 34 mpg.

What settings do they mean? The metric/imperial settings which aren't there??!
:fail

This was their response yesterday.

To be able to switch to Miles from KM in the app settings you need to take the following steps:

->open the Settings->General->Region settings->Select the United States and confirm this option->Restart the Mercedes me connect app

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

GXXXXXX
Your Mercedes me app support team

Nope - that's the online website they're on about, not the app.
It appears there is no way currently to change the app from Metric (Bar / Litres / Km).

Screenshot showing the settings in the online website;

Screenshot showing the lack of these settings in the app;

As you can see although the online site and the mobile app provide similar functions, they are very different when it comes to their ability to switch essentially from German. Can you imagine if Microsoft did this? At best MB are of being ignorant of other languages / cultures / countries.

Last edited:
Just had a reply from MB support (copied below)...

Currently to change the units from metric to imperial the iPhone region has to be changed to the USA.
Our developers have been informed of this status and they will seek to resolve with future app updates.

Here is a workaround to get the units displayed in miles instead of KM.
- Open the Settings->General->Region settings->Select the United States and confirm this option->Restart the Mercedes me connect app

It is not possible to chnage the tyre pressure to PSI.

It seems to me that to keep your sanity, you'll have to adapt to the metric system.

I was annoyed by the way this system is being forced upon us but have risen to the challenge and now am familiar with most metric applications. For example, the BBC now expresses distances in kilometres and not miles - why?

By the way, 1 bar is roughly equivalent to 14.5 psi

Good Luck

Almost 1 year on and the tyre pressure units still can not be changed.
For 5mins of coding this feels a bit slack.
Oh well, 1st World problems and all that.....

If I remember correctly, a US Gallon is 4 litres. So changing to US gallon display will not be useful

Richard

Just had a look at my iPhone Mercedes Connect me app. I have it set up in miles and mpg.
Select the cog icon at top right of main screen now select Settings ( another gag) then App settings.
Tyre pressure is in KPa and cannot change it. A quick conversation to Bar is to move the decimal point one place to the left.

I also run the Mercedes Me app for this one you need to set the units on the webpage.

The App allows you to choose between miles and kilometers, but the website seems to be able to display only kilometers, but not miles.

Must be some sort of anti-Brexit plot.... :D

If I remember correctly, a US Gallon is 4 litres. So changing to US gallon display will not be useful

Richard

I think it is an imperial gallon, since when I manually calculate the MPG by brimming the tank and recording the distance covered the trip computer is about 8% optimistic.

If it really is a U.S. gallon then the trip computer is wildly optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom