Mercedes Me...is it just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattJohnson

Car
C250 Cabriolet AMG Premium+
Afternoon,

I recently collected my new car and the dealership had pre-registered the vehicle to my email so when I downloaded the Mercedes Me app (Android) it was pretty slick to get things up and running.

My question has probably been asked before, so apologies if this needs moving, however I was wondering how I can access all of the features on the online portal via the App, assuming its possible.

For example, the locate my vehicle, really useful as I use a lot of large car parks when travelling and am forever forgetting to write down the row numbers, it's just the option just isn't anywhere on the App, I'm hardly going to get the laptop out on the bus on the way from the terminal to find the car, be easier to remember to write it down.

There are a few other things unavailable in the App, geo-fencing, temperature (maybe my car is not compatible with this?) Remote window open / close.

Is there a definitive list anywhere that will tell me what I can actually access and use on the app and what my vehicle has available as it isn't very clear at the moment and I'm getting bored of looking for the same thing in the App every day.

Cheers,

Matt

Reactions: Ted
Perfect, thanks for that, one less thing to investigate!
I should have mentioned that Ted explained that you can get 1 year free subscription of Tidal which you can access on Car Play - it really is a great service !
If you ever find out how to display speed cameras in the latest version of Comand please let everyone know !

And if you don’t have carplay, you can stream it and it shows album art etc and ‘tidal’ as the source on the infotainment screen.
It’s a good service and you can stream at a high bitrate.

Thanks again guys, I don't have Carplay, at least I don't think I do! I shall have a look on the Playstore, assume its a App.

Off topic, but the easiest thing for remembering car park rows/columns/aisles is to take a pic.
Mercedes Me won't work inside a multi storey or underground car park. :D

Off topic, but the easiest thing for remembering car park rows/columns/aisles is to take a pic.
Mercedes Me won't work inside a multi storey or underground car park. :D
Agreed, or just remember a simple letter of the alphabet, I seem to struggle mind you!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks again guys, I don't have Carplay, at least I don't think I do! I shall have a look on the Playstore, assume its a App.

Not an app for iPhone - it is in "Settings > General > CarPlay". Not sure about android.

Hmm, not sure then, Android does have Android Auto but I've not used it with an MB in the past, any advice welcomed, Ill check the other threads when I get chance.

It’s around £500 from Mercedes, or a search around ebay might help...

It’s around £500 from Mercedes, or a search around ebay might help...
A quick scan around tells me it might he a little more difficult on mine?! It seems I can't just use the plug and play obd adapter which is annoying.

Comand or Audio 20?
Command online, but all the eBay options are saying that C class is non compatible?! It's a 2017 C250 Cab if you can find or know something different....

Ah - sorry. I think you may have to go through the official route, but comandonline.co.uk are a forum sponsor and may be able to provide a cost effective solution.

Imho carplay is good, but not as good as the Mercedes offerings, although the ability to use waze and google maps is useful.

Ah - sorry. I think you may have to go through the official route, but comandonline.co.uk are a forum sponsor and may be able to provide a cost effective solution.

Imho carplay is good, but not as good as the Mercedes offerings, although the ability to use waze and google maps is useful.
Thank you, I'll give them a go.

The car is booked for Friday now, had it a few days and multiple issues have come about, lucky me :( android auto may he the sweetener I need to keep me a happy customer!

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom