Mercedes me lock unlock and C350e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hi guys

Had the car since yesterday and finding out all the ins and outs :)

Now regarding the Mercedes me app I had it enabled yesterday and can see all the aspects of the car.

However although it tells me if the car is locked or unlocked... It cannot lock it or unlock it via the app.
The car does not have keyless entry does it matter?

Cheers
Vasilis

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hi guys

Had the car since yesterday and finding out all the ins and outs :)

Now regarding the Mercedes me app I had it enabled yesterday and can see all the aspects of the car.

However although it tells me if the car is locked or unlocked... It cannot lock it or unlock it via the app.
The car does not have keyless entry does it matter?

Cheers
Vasilis

My C class does not have keyless entry, but Mercedes me does lock and unlock. But it is not instant, depends presumably on the speed of your internet connection.

My C class does not have keyless entry, but Mercedes me does lock and unlock. But it is not instant, depends presumably on the speed of your internet connection.

Interesting, when I press on the lock/unlock icon on the app. The screen flashes for a bit and then nothing. I wonder if there is something that needs to be updated on my car...
I shall call Mercedes me tomorrow and check.

Interesting, when I press on the lock/unlock icon on the app. The screen flashes for a bit and then nothing. I wonder if there is something that needs to be updated on my car...
I shall call Mercedes me tomorrow and check.
Are you holding your finger on the button for a few seconds?

To activate lock/unlock feature you need to keep holding the button with your finger.

Robin

Are you holding your finger on the button for a few seconds?

To activate lock/unlock feature you need to keep holding the button with your finger.

Robin
I tried holding but no difference.
Also since yesterday it does not show me the charge or much else, even on the website it has stuck to info that was sent 10hours ago. Everything is frozen the car seems to have stopped communicating.

Oh well it lasted for 24hrs lol haha
86d4169e509ed50f207a848a81a56350.jpg

This is on the website
As you can see the Mercedes me has been updated 19hrs ago. Although I have driven the car since then.

The lock/unlock screen does not have any unlock button on it or something
a8f545c43ec8b2fe55f5c6bfb59ba9df.jpg

I have nothing but trouble with my Connect Me, it's useless. Its sends me texts saying the car is unlocked and the doors open,at the moment it says I've got half a tank of fuel ! Another time it said the car was six miles away and I could see it out of the window. I mentioned it to my dealer when I had it serviced and he said they have lots of complaints about it and blamed Mercedes .
It's a gimmick, a toy and I don't bother with it anymore..

Apparently Mercedes me servers are down since yesterday this is why the status of the car is not working.
Regarding the lock/unlock they said once the servers are upwe will be able to look into it.

Right I figured it out

On Apple the app does it automatically the first time you click on lock, it asks you to create a security code/pin number.
Then it enables the locking unlocking

On the android it does not ask you automatically to create a security code/pin
You have to click on the little face on the top right which is your profile and in there you will find the option to set a code.

Once this is done the lock /unlock options appear on the android as well.

By the way the servers are online now and everything is working well.
b40e20dc024db7e51863e95bccde173a.jpg
28a9b91114e22845639cb725a72a4e7d.jpg

ME is a method for Mercedes to charge for services like traffic.

So the uk government provide this info free via RDS but its only free on Mercedes for 3 months from new.

Not good.

At least you do not have keyless go...so you might still have your car when you wake up every morning !
Lol I think it is just about pure luck (or bad luck)
I have the keyless go on the CLS and really enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom