Mercedes Me - new additional services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wivenhoe

Car
Was E350e - awaiting BMW 530e
Just trawled through the new Mercedes Me conditions and services. There seems to be additional services for E Class 2016 and C Class from June 2017. It looks to me that the C Class gets as an option the remote park assist (the one from outside the vehicle) from June 17 model - I am sure you'll need the 3d camera, auto and keyless as per the E Class. This wasn't available as an option previously.

Other new services are Dictation, In Car Office, Internet radio, Filling Station prices, Parking space availability forecast !

I can't get the Mercedes Me app to work more than once before I get error code 500 WS, and have to uninstall and reinstall it, so it doesn't really matter what they offer - it's virtually unusable.

I have reported it, and my complaint has been passed to the technical support team, but I'm not holding my breath.

I can't get the Mercedes Me app to work more than once before I get error code 500 WS, and have to uninstall and reinstall it, so it doesn't really matter what they offer - it's virtually unusable.

I have reported it, and my complaint has been passed to the technical support team, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's been like that for about a month. it does work via the web, but slower.
Worrying that Mercedes take so long to fix things. The scores the App gets on android says it all.

Mine's the same. No need to uninstall, just go to Settings > Apps> Mercedes Me and clear the data, then go back in. Still a faff,, but better than uninstalling each time.

Let's hope they fix it soon.

Slight hijack....

Had a chat with the Mercedes Me helpline.... on the C-Class, they started fitting com modules (the ones with the data simcard) from 2014 onwards, so my 2013 car does not have that.

I do have COMAND Online (NTG4.7), but because it connects to the Internet by tethering to my mobile phone via Bluetooth (i.e. as said my car does not have the com module), I can't have any of the Mercedes Me services.

I do have the Mervedes Me Adapter, but I can only make use of it in the same way that any other older Merc does (i.e. with or without COMAND Online).

The way it has been explained to me is that having an Internet connection for the COMAND Oline unit is not sufficient in itself - the com module also interfaces directly with the car's systems in a way that is beyond what can be supported via the OBDII socket.

Which makes sense, but does not fully explain it, given that STAR does a good job of communicating with all of the car's systems via the ODBII socket?

The other issue is that when Internet connection is provided via tethering to the mobile phone, the car obviously has no Internet connection when the owner is away from the vehicle, which limits the range of services that can be provided (e.g. remote locking/unlocking etc).

Last edited:
Slight hijack....

Had a chat with the Mercedes Me helpline.... on the C-Class, they started fitting com modules (the ones with the data simcard) from 2014 onwards, so my 2013 car does not have that.

I do have COMAND Online (NTG4.7), but because it connects to the Internet by tethering to my mobile phone via Bluetooth (i.e. as said my car does not have the com module), I can't have any of the Mercedes Me services.

I do have the Mervedes Me Adapter, but I can only make use of it in the same way that any other older Merc does (i.e. with or without COMAND Online).

The way it has been explained to me is that having an Internet connection for the COMAND Oline unit is not sufficient in itself - the com module also interfaces directly with the car's systems in a way that is beyond what can be supported via the OBDII socket.

Which makes sense, but does not fully explain it, given that STAR does a good job of communicating with all of the car's systems via the ODBII socket?

The other issue is that when Internet connection is provided via tethering to the mobile phone, the car obviously has no Internet connection when the owner is away from the vehicle, which limits the range of services that can be provided (e.g. remote locking/unlocking etc).
they could easily fit a SIM module in the adapter, if they had thought about it, k have the same issue
s with my 2013 cls.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

they could easily fit a SIM module in the adapter, if they had thought about it, k have the same issue
s with my 2013 cls.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

True. But I think that given that the last of that generation of cars - i.e. that have no built-in com module - are now 4 years old, sadly MB are unlikely to invest in retrofitting/adding further online features to these cars.

Incidentally, both comandonline and MB said that technically speaking a com module can be retrofitted, but (a) it would be prohibitively expensive, and (b) even so, once retrofitted there's no guarantee that any of the online services will actually work with the retrofitted com module (i.e. 'computer says no' scenario).

I should have done my homework better, I guess... I wanted a facelift W204 from 2013 or 2014, and I did find this 2013 car that I have now and which is great from every other aspect.... but I was unaware at the time of the subtle difference between the MY2013 and the MY2014 cars - the availability of the com module.

So realistically the only practical way for me to have a com module in my W204 is to swap my 2013 car for a 2014 car.

But I will stay with the 2013 car I have now as it is very good. So the online services will have to wait till I am ready for my next Merc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom