Mercedes Me - Next Main Inspection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nighthawks25

Car
W205 C43 Coupe
Vehicle Service Dashboard on my Mercedes Me app shows me following (screenshot attached):
  • Next Service in 11 days
  • Next main inspection in -6 days (overdue)
My car is from 2017, last service was done in Jan 2019, and according to the car dashboard next service due is A4 in 11 days, the dashboard does not show any info about any outstanding main inspection - this is only mentioned in the Mercedes Me app.

I was under the impression Mercedes Service follows the schedule of one year being Service A the next year Service B and so on...

Few questions i have:

- what is the difference between the next service and next main inspection?
- why are those dates different (2 weeks)?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200107-110647_Mercedes me.jpg
    Screenshot_20200107-110647_Mercedes me.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 18
I think the main service is an MOT.
Mine shows A2 service due in 27 days and main inspection due in July which would be the first MOT.
Mine is a July 2017 registered car.

My car showed the Main Inspection as overdue since ever, in spite of it having full dealer history.

I Googled it and it seems that other owners asked the same question but no one knows for sure what this 'Main Inspection' is.

When I updated the Mercedes me Adapter app to the latest version, the section about Main Inspection just disappeared. So the mystery was never solved.

I am not convinced that it's MOT, because not every country has the MOT at the same frequency (in many countries in Europe it's every 2 years, not every year).

On my c class it did disappear after the 3rd year service which included the MOT test. So not a definitive answer, but at least it went away.

I have the app updated to the latest version - the main inspection entry is still there.
I am also not sure if this would be MOT, why would Mercedes care to display its due date?
I guess I will wait and see after the next service.

I was under the impression an "inspection" related to the 30 year bodywork warranty, nothing else? It certainly isn't an MOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom