Mercedes me obd dongle, worth having?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have removed the dongle too.

It kept asking for permission on my phone each time I started the car - very annoying

And it protruded too much such that my feet would sometimes hit it - also annoying

I was offered it for free by MB but chose not to as it plugs into the OBD port and you then cant close the flap, So a bit messy for my ocd.
That's why I have three OBD ports: one hidden inside the dash, with Garmin ecoRoute+ permanently plugged in; the second one is next to the OEM, for occasional OBD dongle, to work with TorquePro app on the head unit, with removable cover I made myself; and finally the OEM port, with its cover nicely closed as nature intended :rolleyes:

OCD is a wonderful thing o_O

Anyone ever wondered why MB offer a free dongle?
Errrrrr they are driven by altruism and long term customer satisfaction?

I agreed to have one but I found that with my size 12 feet, I tend to strike it a lot as it hangs down from the diagnostic port.

The information it provided wasn't hugely valuable in any case.

I expect it is geared more towards "helping you" to use their services which probably explains why it is free.

I was offered it for free by MB but chose not to as it plugs into the OBD port and you then cant close the flap, So a bit messy for my ocd.
I removed the flap on mine (it comes off easily).

I have a splitter OBDII cable so can connect two devices simultaneously.

The Mercedes Me Adapter is permanently connected tucked behind the dash.

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom