Mercedes me portal.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you are missing the point....it is there so that you fall in line with everyone else who use their phone for absolutely everything, regardless of the fact the process becomes twice as complicated :D
The key is intended for use when you, the car and the key are in one place. The app is intended for use when one of those things are in different places.

If you think using the app is twice as complicated as using the key, try using the key when it’s nowhere near the car - now that’s complicated.

The key is intended for use when you, the car and the key are in one place. The app is intended for use when one of those things are in different places.

If you think using the app is twice as complicated as using the key, try using the key when it’s nowhere near the car - now that’s complicated.

Why would you want to open the car if you are nowhere near it, unless purposely want someone to get in ?

I'd be more worried about the fact that the app may not work correctly to relock the car in that situation.

Personally, in all my years of car ownership, I've never needed to open a car that is not in the vicinity of my key....that may be differemt for others.

Hi , I have given up with Mercedes Benz re the operation of the Mercedes me operation.

When I had the car in 2015 the Mercedes me system worked !

Since the app has been altered the Mercedes me is a pile of garbage.

Mercedes had the nerve to tell me that I was imaging the system worked because on the C207/E400 the system was not introduced until 2019.

That's two years after the car ceased production.

Words fail me.

Why would you want to open the car if you are nowhere near it, unless purposely want someone to get in ?

I'd be more worried about the fact that the app may not work correctly to relock the car in that situation.

Personally, in all my years of car ownership, I've never needed to open a car that is not in the vicinity of my key....that may be differemt for others.
On the last two occasions that I’ve used it I have used it to lock cars which had been left unlocked overnight at the main dealer and a detailer.

Also handy if you or someone else locks themselves out of the car, and if you want someone to leave a parcel somewhere safe when you’re not there.

Like many things in life, it’s not strictly necessary and you can survive easily without it, but you’re blooming glad you had it on the few occasions you use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom