Mercedes Me Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B6ACS

Car
Mercedes S350
Those of you that use Mercedes Me, did you get the email regarding the update taking place in March?

Does anybody have any ideas or speculations as to what the new services and features will be?

What would you like to see?

Just double checked, it was last week on the 20th.

Those of you that use Mercedes Me, did you get the email regarding the update taking place in March?

Does anybody have any ideas or speculations as to what the new services and features will be?

What would you like to see?

Not sure. It seems very thorough already. Maybe integrate with google maps so you can s me to the car from that rather than the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had it, on the same day. Didn't read it very carefully though.... :dk:

I have been able to join up but I can't complete registration as it keeps saying it won't accept my postcode.
Would this be because I bought it Tuesday and the change of ownership hasn't filtered through as yet?

Is this worth it?
The adaptor is around £35 on Ebay. Anything else to pay?

Is this worth it?
The adaptor is around £35 on Ebay. Anything else to pay?

Probably not worth it, but I don't regret buying the for some of our cars. They do very little at the moment but I'm sure there's potential for more to come.

Some dealers are giving them away, or heavily discounting the,, so check with your local dealer before buying online.

Be warned, they were problematic to set up in the early days, I spent a long time on the phone, just to complete the initial installation.

Nothing else to pay, apart from it consuming some of your mobile phone's data allowance, but that will be tiny in the grand scheme of things.

PS You're data will be visible to Mercedes, and they may be able to see more about your car than you can in the app. That's not a problem for me, but some people won't like that.

They need a better way of sending sat nav addresses to the car from the app.
The BMW system sends a text message. When you read it in the car, it asks if you want to use that information to plan your route. Very simple and easy.

They need a better way of sending sat nav addresses to the car from the app.
The BMW system sends a text message. When you read it in the car, it asks if you want to use that information to plan your route. Very simple and easy.
I've never been able to send an address to the car. However I try I get a message saying unable to send to car. Everything else works...

You need to turn on the wi fi hotspot on your phone to get it to work. Took me ages to figure this out .

I downloaded the App and registered but it wouldn't connect to the car (W205 registered Sept 2014). Rang the supplying dealer who told me that it needed the adaptor fitting to the ECU. This is being done next Tuesday free of charge. They said they would run through all the features with me. I'll report back.

Last edited:
For some reason this post duplicated and I can't delete it.

Last edited:
Sytner Bath installed the sender unit and set up the connection with the app I had already installed on my iPhone 6S. It took a few attempts but works fine. It is quite nifty really but on my car it doesn't track the vehicle and you can't lock it from the iPhone.
I needed to have my driving licence and vehicle V5 when it was installed.
It was all done free of charge. A friend who approached a different branch of Sytner was told it would cost £42.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom