Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alf Barnet

Car
S212
What does it really do, and more importantly do I actually need any of it?

Amazingly I can remember to lock my own car, and remember where I parked it, so what can this app do for me?

Geo fencing, so you are notified if the car moves from a location you define - perhaps if you were away from home or on holiday, might be useful...

Posted this in another thread (was actually going to start a separate thread so good job I found yours!):

ForumRunner_20151013_212330.jpg

Maintenance stuff, remote locking (note that all of this is done over the internet so you could lock/unlock from any location in the world:

ForumRunner_20151013_212703.png

ForumRunner_20151013_212856.png

Last edited:
You definitely need it, it's changed my life lol

A useful feature is being able to push POIs to the car so you can plan any journey from the comfort of your own bed :)

So basically, it's a toy, a gadget? I appreciate the features might be useful to some, but not to me :D

Agreed, I guess it comes down to your needs and what you'd find useful. Personally, I reckon features such as checking fuel level/range/tyre pressure/coolant and pushing points of interest to the car's sat nav could all prove useful in planning a journey from the comfort of your home.

You could of course dismiss this facility altogether, on the basis that it's essentially a gadget, but isn't most of the stuff on smart phones 'gadgetised' versions of traditional ways of doing things (e.g. news/banking/email/maps etc. etc.)?

Agreed, I guess it comes down to your needs and what you'd find useful. Personally, I reckon features such as checking fuel level/range/tyre pressure/coolant and pushing points of interest to the car's sat nav could all prove useful in planning a journey from the comfort of your home.

You could of course dismiss this facility altogether, on the basis that it's essentially a gadget, but isn't most of the stuff on smart phones 'gadgetised' versions of traditional ways of doing things (e.g. news/banking/email/maps etc. etc.)?

The pre-heat / pre-cool is nice - but is only available to hybrids

You definitely need it, it's changed my life lol

Hehehe. You just made me laugh (in a good way)

It is a gadget, toy and a bit of fun.

Not sure why you'd need to lock/unlock your car from a great distance, or see what fuel levels, tyre pressures, oil/water levels & next service due date. Or indeed to see if it's moved out of an area! All pretty silly stuff me thinks.

Do I wish I'd have ordered it as a £150 option on my C Class?

Bloody right I do!!! :doh::doh::doh:

When you said it's changed your life. I remember saying that about auto reverse cassette decks on my Pioneer Hi-fi :bannana:

Ant

Can this be retro fitted to say a 2014 E class?

£150 for a gadget sounds good to me. Saves you checking the dipstick under the bonnet too ;-)

Cheers
Chris

My car (W205 C250) is registered with Mercedes Me but it didn't come with the MM option, so after a lot of fussing, giving me bad information and having no real information about what it was I eventually persuaded my dealership to register the car. I don't have the benefit of the app, but the satnav is definitely better informed about traffic conditions.

Not sure why you'd need to lock/unlock your car from a great distance, or see what fuel levels, tyre pressures, oil/water levels & next service due date. Or indeed to see if it's moved out of an area! All pretty silly stuff me thinks.

It sounds good when the salesman tells it.

I suspect most people who have it register - setup the app - try it - and then forget about it.

However behind the scenes - the emergency call feature may be less obviously useful - that is until it comes to your aid.

I have the emergency button in the roof console? I have 3 years of the additional traffic alerts too. So really it's useless :)

What if you lock your keys in the car - assuming that is even possible - remote unlock would be good then.

It sounds good when the salesman tells it.

I suspect most people who have it register - setup the app - try it - and then forget about it.

However behind the scenes - the emergency call feature may be less obviously useful - that is until it comes to your aid.

Did you read ALL of my post:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom