Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottyj10

Car
GLC300 Coupe
What is the point of Mercedes Me? it's handy if i want to unlock/lock my car without having the key on me or see how much fuel i have, is there anything else useful about it i haven't discovered?

Good question - I haven't found an use for it. It also reports open windows by the way, but otherwise not really sure of its purpose.

Saves lifting the bonnet, gives 12 or 13 different indications. I find it useful for checking tyre pressures, a lot easier than doing it manually.

That is of course when the app works correctly, which on Android is not often.

Looked into it.........abandoned the idea as a total watse of money.

I have had problems with mine on my phone. It all worked fine but then suddenly decided it would not send addresses to the car from the app, not that it was much use as it took ages to go through menus anyway to find what had been sent. Had lots of back and forth conversations with Mercedes Me support and then they finally decided that that was a function that does not work even though it was in the app. Ive given up with it now.

What is the point of Mercedes Me? it's handy if i want to unlock/lock my car without having the key on me or see how much fuel i have, is there anything else useful about it i haven't discovered?

It is very useful for the plug-in hybrids as you can programme the heating / aircon to come on before you leave. There are full details of which service are available below - you'll need to read the small print as some of them are only available on E Class and post June 2017 models.

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/Mmc-GTC-17B-EUR_engMarkup.pdf

Sending destination addresses to COMAND is probably the most useful feature, especially now you can't do it directly from Google now.

Full tracking is a really good feature as well as tyre pressure check.

Considering it's free for the first three years I don't see why you wouldn't (I purchased my car second hand and signed up for free for the remainder of the three years).

Sending destination addresses to COMAND is probably the most useful feature, especially now you can't do it directly from Google now.

That would be great - but it's not available on the version that came as standard with my car.

I never knew i could do that! this is the sort of info i needed, thank you. little things please little minds and all that!

Full tracking is a really good feature as well as tyre pressure check.

Considering it's free for the first three years I don't see why you wouldn't (I purchased my car second hand and signed up for free for the remainder of the three years).

Same here.

I've just done it on mine C220 AMG Premium Plus S205, at the bottom of the App click the second icon in and it says where do you want to go, click where you want to go and then it says send to vehicle.

I've just done it on mine C220 AMG Premium Plus S205, at the bottom of the App click the second icon in and it says where do you want to go, click where you want to go and then it says send to vehicle.

AHH! now I see it's under"Mobility" :doh:

You sir are a Gentleman, :rock: thanks for pointing me in the right direction! :thumb:

Pleasure, suppose it just goes to show, we've all learned something new!:bannana::thumb:

Last edited:
Only problem I've had with doing that is then finding the address I've sent in the nav options.

I did the same, just went down sat in the car turned on the sat nav, waiting about 30 seconds and bang! directions sent from phone click yes or no! it works.

Maybe someone can answer this, I've bought two MB's recently, both only months old. When I tried to register for Mercedes Me, both cars are apparently still registered with the previous owners.

Does that mean the previous owners still have access to everything Mercedes Me can do on both cars?

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom