Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
Just had an e- mail from MB offering the MERCEDES Me adaptor to fit my 2013 E350cdi cdi Coupe. Can be used with iOS or Android . Says to contact my local dealer to arrange fitting .
Now I have not contacted the dealer to check out price or installation .
Anyone have this on their newer models than mine , is it useful or a bit gimmicky.

Handy for remembering to lock your car as it sends you a notification that your car is unlocked.

I’m trying to be positive about it.

I had that email too ...
I need to upgrade my OBD port, before I can consider this, unless it's free, then I'll get it and activate later ;) - I've two other gadgets, I'd like to keep plugged in permanently (and hidden), so will be fitting a custom splitter (not the type that plugs into the main/only port - a fully hidden install)

We had it on the 212 that’s just been returned.

Handy but after the novelty wore off I never even opened the App.

This really. It lets you know stuff like fuel level and tyre pressures remotely which, in reality, can be done in the car anyway. Also if the windows/sunroof etc are open yet I've had a lot of false reports with the windows in particular.

Handy for remembering to lock your car as it sends you a notification that your car is unlocked.

Whether it is or not. :)

I’m trying to be positive about it.

I gave up being positive after it kept lying to me. :D

I really do think it's a gimmick, perhaps in another few years it will be beneficial but every decent option on it at the moment, like locating your car, is an expensive extra.

For me it's the ability to track the car on a map live.

If the worst happened you'd be able to inform the police of the location. A none integrated adaptor, however, can easily be removed.

And it kills the battery in your phone, i havent actually found a real world use for mercedes me yet tbh

If the worst happened you'd be able to inform the police of the location. A none integrated adaptor, however, can easily be removed.

I though thieves use GPS signal jammers?

Can you start the car up in the drive remotely and warm/cool it?

This really. It lets you know stuff like fuel level and tyre pressures remotely which, in reality, can be done in the car anyway. Also if the windows/sunroof etc are open yet I've had a lot of false reports with the windows in particular.
I really do think it's a gimmick, perhaps in another few years it will be beneficial but every decent option on it at the moment, like locating your car, is an expensive extra.
Ah, I see - well, then there's no point for me really - I don't like paying extra o_O and can already track my car, both on my iPhone and MacBook, and check tyre pressure on iPhone.
Also, I suspect the more sophisticated features won't work on 06-reg car anyway.

I ordered mine online from MB, then plugged it in and activated the service. There's no need for dealer installation, but then I paid full price for mine (£35), and I suspect that the dealers discount it or even give it away in return to you visiting the showroom in person (where presumably they can catch you for a chat about dealer service...)

...Also, I suspect the more sophisticated features won't work on 06-reg car anyway.

Correct.

Reactions: GLK

The none integrated adaptor does not have a built-in simcard or WiFi or GSM etc, instead it connects to your phone over bluetooth, so it can't track your car while you (and the phone) are away from it anyway.

I had that email too ...
I need to upgrade my OBD port, before I can consider this, unless it's free, then I'll get it and activate later ;) - I've two other gadgets, I'd like to keep plugged in permanently (and hidden), so will be fitting a custom splitter (not the type that plugs into the main/only port - a fully hidden install)

I use a splitter cable, so the Mercedes me Adapter is permanently tucked-away hiden behind the dash at the end of a long flat cable, while the ODBII port itself is free for my OBDII Bluetooth scanners (I have two). They all seem to work simultaneously just fine.

I use a splitter cable, so the Mercedes me Adapter is permanently tucked-away hiden behind the dash at the end of a long flat cable, while the ODBII port itself is free for my OBDII Bluetooth scanners (I have two). They all seem to work simultaneously just fine.
Yes, that's what I want - at the moment I have a two-way splitter plugged into the main port, and routed inside the dash with Garmin ecoRoute HD+ permanently plugged in there, plus a secondary port available for generic OBD ELM237. Unfortunately, every time the splitter is unplugged (at the dealer, etc), I have to re-set Garmin once it's back on.

The new setup, with everything behind the dash, will leave one 'main' port free, plus a secondary one, and at least three other gadgets plugged in permanently inside the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom