Mercedes ME

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deano1972

Car
Mercedes c220 cdi amg sport plus
had email about having a Mercedes ME fitted in car from Merc dealership,I’ve read about it and sounds quite good ,has anyone had this fitted in there car and is it any good or just a gimmick that’s not worth the hassle

My car is about to reach it’s 3rd birthday so my ME subscription is about to expire.

I won’t be bothering to renew it.

had email about having a Mercedes ME fitted in car from Merc dealership,I’ve read about it and sounds quite good ,has anyone had this fitted in there car and is it any good or just a gimmick that’s not worth the hassle

If you car is older than ~2014, then the dealer is referring to fitting a Mercedes me Adapter.

It plugs into the OBDII port and connects to your car via Bluetooth.

You can get on your phone (via app) all sorts for info about your car (mileage and journey tracking, fuel left, etc), and it will also alert the dealer when your next service is due :)

For iPhone:
‎Mercedes me Adapter

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daimler.mbfa.android

Yes this is what I’m on about ,Merc said they would fit it for free but is there an initial cost to it and yearly subscription

If you car is older than ~2014, then the dealer is referring to fitting a Mercedes me Adapter.

It plugs into the OBDII port and connects to your car via Bluetooth.

You can get on your phone (via app) all sorts for info about your car (mileage and journey tracking, fuel left, etc), and it will also alert the dealer when your next service is due :)

For iPhone:
‎Mercedes me Adapter

For Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.daimler.mbfa.android

Also possibly track where you have been, possibly record how you have been driving it.................. I looked at fitting one but to me the benefits were far outweighed by the free information I was providing (knowingly or unknowingly) to Mercedes. I have never needed to know how much fuel I have whilst not sitting in the car and I have always found where I parked it and remembered to close the windows etc ;)

Yes this is what I’m on about ,Merc said they would fit it for free but is there an initial cost to it and yearly subscription

There is no yearly subscription fee for the Mercedes me Adapter.

The annual subscription fee applies to the 'Mercedes me' (as opposed to 'Mercedes me Adapter'). 'Mercedes me' is factory-fitted, and cannot be retrofitted. It applies to certain models, but only from July 2013 onwards.

In general, the 'Mercedes me Adapter' (connecting to the ODBII port) will be fitted to cars that did not come factory-fitted with the 'Mercedes me' feature. Said that, on some early cars (~2013-2015) the 'Mercedes me' feature was very limited in terms of functionality, so for these cars it would make sense to fit the 'Mercedes me Adapter' even though they have (the very early version of) 'Mercedes me'.

Last edited:
My 3 years is up around mid April and I will be renewing most of my subscriptions which to be honest seem quite expensive.

The ability to lock/unlock the car is particularly useful and I like the TomTom traffic info.

It’s a shame they do not do a package deal.

Mine though has the built in system.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 3 years is up around mid April and I will be renewing most of my subscriptions which to be honest seem quite expensive.

The ability to lock/unlock the car is particularly useful and I like the TomTom traffic info.

It’s a shame they do not do a package deal.

Mine though has the built in system.

Robin

The remote locking and tyre pressure monitor are the only things I’d miss but not enough to pay 30 quid for it.

I can understand the live traffic subscription but I consider the rest to be money grabbing and rather stingy by MB in my opinion.

The remote locking and tyre pressure monitor are the only things I’d miss but not enough to pay 30 quid for it.

I can understand the live traffic subscription but I consider the rest to be money grabbing and rather stingy by MB in my opinion.

You may think it’s money well spent if you lock your keys inside the car in France.
[emoji3]

Robin

Quite handy if you are in a strange or foreign city for finding your way back to where you parked it but the rest?

You may think it’s money well spent if you lock your keys inside the car in France.
[emoji3]

Robin

I thought that was impossible these days and the car detects a key left in it/boot when locking and sounds the horn to warn you?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My car is now 37 months old so the TomTom live traffic has stopped. Have not renewed at present as weighing up the £49 per year against how useful it really is as my phone gives me journey time details with Google maps for free I know others run different apps to get travel info. MB offer a tiny discount if you take a two or 3 year subscription. From memory my ToMTom
That I use for Foreign hire cars only costs £19.99 per year. Seems that we have a £29 surcharge from MB.

The Mercedes Me services for built in systems are charged after 3 years. The services are split into two packages each at £29 pa with a tiny reduction if you purchase 2 or 3 year packages. Geofencing and location services are in one package, vehicle stays is in a second package. I have renewed both for a year for peace of mind. I can always check I have locked the car, this is especially useful as my wife always seems to say she does not remember me locking the car when we are some distance from it. The geofencing option again is for peace of mind, I always set it when staying away from home and have it permanently set for home to alert movement for times when I would not normally be out in the car. I know it will not stop car theft but it may alert me, assuming I don’t sleep through the alert, and if the car is taken I can inform the police at what time it went and may still be able to use the tracking function if this has not been disabled.

I've played with the Mercedes Me app - and tried to send an address / location to the car. The app says "address sent to vehicle" - but I can't find it anywhere in the Comand system in the car - where do you find the received addresses.
in the BMW, they came as a message
Thanks
Gerrt

I've played with the Mercedes Me app - and tried to send an address / location to the car. The app says "address sent to vehicle" - but I can't find it anywhere in the Comand system in the car - where do you find the received addresses.
Thanks
Gerry

Like this
df16f9037419fd38cef5e9e573c99c7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should come up on the nav screen.
Can’t remember the exact wording but it says something like ‘received destination home. Do you want to use it?’
Or words to that effect.

a bit of goggling seems to indicate I might need to have my mobile tethered to the car, then go to Mercedes Apps in Comand system, and the sent POI will be in the POI section of the MB apps - so they apparently don't come to the car over its 3G data connection - i'll go and check now.

Thanks
Gerrt
I had the same issue which I failed to resolve.

I nipped out to my car and tethered my phone to BT -and navigated to the Mercedes Apps part on the RHS of the command menu and it came up as a "new destination - and asked if I wanted to use it" and or save it

Reactions: Ted
On mine, as long as I have a signal on the inbuilt car sim, I can send the destination from anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom