Mercedes Me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcsun, Sep 13, 2019.

1. kcsun

kcsun Member

Car:
    SL63 AMG, RS4
    I am collecting my SL63 on the 1st October (not long now - getting all excited) Should I get the Me adapter or is it not worth the effort???

Most of the apps I have on my phone I use for the first week and they then just sit on my phone (iPhone) clogging it up.

Is the Me app just a marketing hype?

kc

2. Chris-S

Chris-S Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C350e
    Depends a lot on the car I think. Had it as standard on our C350e and found it useful for setting the pre-entry climate, checking charge status, that sort of thing. That said, I won’t be paying to subscribe to the extra cost services once the initial 3 years “free” is up as being retired now, hardly have a use for the car at all!

3. TeddyRuxpin

TeddyRuxpin Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDI Sport W212
    It’s useful for remembering where your car is parked

4. stevedol

stevedol Member

Car:
    Mercedes-AMG C43 Coupe
    On my C43, which was new last November, the Mercedes Me adapter was standard. I would assume it is with all new mercs now.

I have found the app useful when wanting to save a bit of time inputting a destination in the sat-nav. You can use the mobility part of the app to find your destination and send it to the car whilst your still home.

Also useful if you forget to lock the car, or leave it unlocked on purpose for any reason, you can send an instruction to the car to lock (or unlock) via the app.

There are other useful bits to the app too, but in general I would say they're all stuff that you can live without, (including the ones I've mentioned)

As mentioned above, the tracking part of the app is good if you forget where you've parked.

5. fredfox

fredfox New Member

Car:
    C 2018
    I found the app useful when the valet parking at Heathrow hit my car. Told me there had been a "moderate" collision, were on the car and at what time. Shocked the valet company when I showed them the app :) oh - it shows up on the screen in the car as well.
    Also the locking / unlocking as mentioned. I've got in the habit of using it to check how much fuel I've got left, instead of checking the gauge in the car :)

Tony7Bear likes this.
  6. TeddyRuxpin

Car:
    E350 CDI Sport W212
    If it’s a new car, it’s built in and has all the cool features. If it’s an older car with an actual ‘Adapter’, it doesn’t do any of that stuff. Are you collecting a new car? Because it will come with it in any case!

7. TeddyRuxpin

Car:
    E350 CDI Sport W212
    If it’s a new car, it’s built in and has all the cool features. If it’s an older car with an actual ‘Adapter’, it doesn’t do any of that stuff as there’s no real live/cellular connection to the car - only Bluetooth.

Are you collecting a new car? Because it will come with it in any case!

8. OP
    OP
    kcsun

kcsun Member

Car:
    SL63 AMG, RS4
    It is a pre-registered car on a 19 plate, although I think the technology is from 2016???

9. daveenty

daveenty Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Scoop 63
    A 2019 SL will have Mercedes ME built into it.

Just ask the dealer to set it up for you, this should ideally be done before you pick the car up.

10. fourwheels

fourwheels Active Member

Car:
    Fords, Jaguars, C Class, SLK, E Class cab., now W205 C250d Sport Premium Plus
    Maybe I'm a bit thick but Mercedes Me don't seem to make it very easy to work out how to renew services.
    My Mercedes Me, and my SatNav live traffic via TomTom expire on the 23/9/19 after my first 3yrs of ownership.
    How do I renew, particularly tomtom, do I wait to hear from Mercedes?
    Or is it down to me to work out what to do?

11. daveenty

daveenty Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Scoop 63
    The easiest way would be to do it through their web based portal, which should hopefully be found HERE.

12. Delderek

Delderek Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C class w205
    Do you have audio 20? If so you will need an "update" SD card from the dealer at 99 pounds, which includes 3 more years TomTom, new maps with 60 days free update.

13. fourwheels

fourwheels Active Member

Car:
    Fords, Jaguars, C Class, SLK, E Class cab., now W205 C250d Sport Premium Plus
    Thanks for your replies. Mines the command system.
    I had found the portal but it seems that you have to go halfway to 'extending' to get a price for each function.
    I thought something might flash up on the screen, or even in the post.
    Not to worry, thank you.