Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If I understand correctly, then the issue isn't that there are no features available, instead the issue is that there are no free features available? I.e. that unless you pay to activate the various Mercedes me services available for your car, the app is useless? While you were expecting that at least some of the features will be free?
Broadly, yes. When I bought the car (from an MB dealer) he said he would set up my Mercedes Me account and that would allow me to see stuff like fuel usage etc etc on my phone. He didn't say 'would allow me to buy additional features that will...' so I will be a bit peeved if it turns out you have to pay even for the basics.
When I logged in to Mercedes Me I got a message saying 'incomplete configuration' and no buttons / icons to press. I activated all the features (as instructed) and still get the same message and no features. I contacted support and they told me that message will appear until I have bought ALL the available products. They also said the car had 'standard Mercedes Me' so I presume all be customers have this same experience?
If the app does nothing by default then I can either subscribe to the services or just remove it but it is a very poor user experience.

Agreed, though I think your issue is more with the particular sales person who (deliberately?) provided a vague description of what Mercedes me is, rather than with MB as such.

Almost. I would never create an app that had no features at all in its basic form. It is very common to have to pay for additional or enhanced capability but there is always a 'teaser' feature built in that helps customers get familiar with the app and encourages them to upgrade / buy more.
Over a period of several hours (not continuous engagement, obviously) I had to register, download and install, pair with my car, activate features (and wait for confirmation they had been activated) only for me to be able to do... (drumroll)... literally nothing.
It is a very poor user experience. There are lots of things I like about my MB and they far outweigh the frustration of the app but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call out something as sub-par as this.
And to end my rant, the message 'incomplete configuration' means you have not set up your account properly yet. It does not mean 'you can buy some more stuff from me'.

I think this it what I'm having installed on my car tomorrow. I take it will be the older type adapter mercedes me app.

Reading the posts it seems it a mixture if the app is of any benefit to the owner. If it does show the temp gauges on the center console screen I rather happy with that. Or am I thinking to far, as my vehicle is to old to display such modern data.

Also is the app for the older vehicles even worth it? How much is the cost to have full use of the app working?

Thanks

I think this it what I'm having installed on my car tomorrow. I take it will be the older type adapter mercedes me app.

Reading the posts it seems it a mixture if the app is of any benefit to the owner. If it does show the temp gauges on the center console screen I rather happy with that. Or am I thinking to far, as my vehicle is to old to display such modern data.

Also is the app for the older vehicles even worth it? How much is the cost to have full use of the app working?

Thanks
The Mercedes Me Adapter (and app) are free.

The app has a 'Cockpit' view where you can see some live data (up to 6 gauges). These include coolant temp, engine oil temp, engine load, air intake temp, voltage, etc. (This is similar to the generic 'Torque' app, if you are familiar with that, but not as versatile).

The app also records your journey and refuling stops.

And there's an optional feature that notifies your dealer if an EML is on (but only if you activate this feature - I didn't).

The Mercedes Me Adapter (and app) are free.

The app has a 'Cockpit' view where you can see some live data (up to 6 gauges). These include coolant temp, engine oil temp, engine load, air intake temp, voltage, etc. (This is similar to the generic 'Torque' app, if you are familiar with that, but not as versatile).

The app also records your journey and refuling stops.

And there's an optional feature that notifies your dealer if an EML is on (but only if you activate this feature - I didn't).

Much appreciated thank you markjay. 👍

It's displayed on the center console I imagine. Sorry to say I'm not familiar with the torque app.

Much appreciated thank you markjay. 👍

It's displayed on the center console I imagine. Sorry to say I'm not familiar with the torque app.

The Mercedes Me Adapter links to your mobile phone (iPhone or Android) over Bluetooth.

In order to make use of the Cockpit live data display, you'll need to have your mobile phone fitted in a cradle on the windscreen or on the dash.

The Mercedes Me Adapter only talks to your mobile phone, it does not display anything on the instrument cluster or the centre console in the car etc.

The Mercedes Me Adapter links to your mobile phone (iPhone or Android) over Bluetooth.

In order to make use of the Cockpit live data display, you'll need to have your mobile phone fitted in a cradle on the windscreen or on the dash.

The Mercedes Me Adapter only talks to your mobile phone, it does not display anything on the instrument cluster or the centre console in the car etc.

Thank you for informing me. Much appreciated.

Broadly, yes. When I bought the car (from an MB dealer) he said he would set up my Mercedes Me account and that would allow me to see stuff like fuel usage etc etc on my phone. He didn't say 'would allow me to buy additional features that will...' so I will be a bit peeved if it turns out you have to pay even for the basics.
When I logged in to Mercedes Me I got a message saying 'incomplete configuration' and no buttons / icons to press. I activated all the features (as instructed) and still get the same message and no features. I contacted support and they told me that message will appear until I have bought ALL the available products. They also said the car had 'standard Mercedes Me' so I presume all be customers have this same experience?
If the app does nothing by default then I can either subscribe to the services or just remove it but it is a very poor user experience.

I have all the options enabled, but some are due to expire at the end of the 3 year warranty period.

This was the same on a a Range Rover I owned previously.

Is your out of warranty now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom