Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After reading the comments on here, I downloaded the App. Started to set it up, and it told me that it was already paired to the car by someone else, presumably the previous owner, and to go to a dealer to sort it out.
I have deleted the app.

After reading the comments on here, I downloaded the App. Started to set it up, and it told me that it was already paired to the car by someone else, presumably the previous owner, and to go to a dealer to sort it out.
I have deleted the app.
That means someone else has remote access to your car and you don’t. I would follow up with the main dealer personally.

That means someone else has remote access to your car and you don’t. I would follow up with the main dealer personally.
But, MB sent me the communication re the contract. They addressed me by name, and said that they had a contract with me, not anyone else, just me.
So they know that I am the owner.......somehow, as I have never told them and have never visited a main dealer.
That being the case, they should have cancelled the previous contract. Seems like a massive security issue to me. Should I suffer any loss due to another person having access to my car, then I think that they will be in deep sh1te. I wonder how many are in the same situation as me?
I have been driving for nearly 60 years without feeling the need to have remote access to my car.

But, MB sent me the communication re the contract. They addressed me by name, and said that they had a contract with me, not anyone else, just me.
So they know that I am the owner.......somehow, as I have never told them and have never visited a main dealer.
That being the case, they should have cancelled the previous contract. Seems like a massive security issue to me. Should I suffer any loss due to another person having access to my car, then I think that they will be in deep sh1te. I wonder how many are in the same situation as me?
I have been driving for nearly 60 years without feeling the need to have remote access to my car.
Once you are aware of the risk then you are responsible for taking action for limiting damages to all parties. I wouldn’t just sit on it thinking that Mercedes will be over a barrel in the event that the worst happens, it may not be so straight forward in practice.

Reactions: JHS
To avoid and issues and complications further down the line, and if you can find the time, I would just go down to the dealer with your log book and another form of id, and get them to register your vehicle against your name, which will remove the previous owner’s MM registration from the car.

To avoid and issues and complications further down the line, and if you can find the time, I would just go down to the dealer with your log book and another form of id, and get them to register your vehicle against your name, which will remove the previous owner’s MM registration from the car.
If Mercedes Me sent the OP the E Mail stating the Contract was about to change, then I suspect that Mercedes Me already have his details recorded as the the Owner of the Car! ;)

Is it worth installing? Going by the reviews it is very flaky, and I can start the engine etc when I am in the car, no need to do everything remotely.
Can think of a few scenarios where it might be useful and many where it might not be as useful as it seems, eg unlock / lock car remotely, play with the windows, and due to network lag/connectivity/app issues be unable to confirm what state the car/windows are actually in (in real time). Also if for whatever reason phone compromised potentially car compromised too. Furthermore, surely by utilising the app to interrogate the numerous systems/sensors remotely it must have some affect on draining the battery. Add that to the reviews and well you can surely see where I’m at.

Reading this , people saying how it’s worth the money !!! I was going to renew all my previous parts I had !!! £1250 for 3 years ,, not sure I find that worth while 🤯🤯🤯
But yes it’s been good in other ways in the past too ,, just a shame it’s so expensive to continue the same services as I had before

I have deleted the app.
You need to get this sorted as there’s are many security issues that could fall foul for you !!!

Reading this , people saying how it’s worth the money !!! I was going to renew all my previous parts I had !!! £1250 for 3 years ,, not sure I find that worth while 🤯🤯🤯
But yes it’s been good in other ways in the past too ,, just a shame it’s so expensive to continue the same services as I had before
I’m sure £1250 is typo error.

I’m sure £1250 is typo error. Sorry Ie just checked the app , it’s £743.15 ,,, I’d added some items to the basket previously 🙈🙈🙈
I’m sure £1250 is typo error.
Sorry I just rechecked the app and my basket ,, £743.15 for the 3 year subscription ,, I’d added other stuff to my baskets originally 🙈🙈🙈

No ,,, £1250 for all products I had previously ,,, for a 3 year subscription 😡😒😞
Would like to know what services at those prices. I’m with you, would not pay at that price, mine came in well well below that, for
Live traffic, map updates, vehicle set up, vehicle monitoring, came in at £428 for 3 years.

Sorry I just rechecked the app and my basket ,, £743.15 for the 3 year subscription ,, I’d added other stuff to my baskets originally 🙈🙈🙈
Sorry just saw your post, after posting mine,

Sorry just saw your post, after posting mine,
That includes navigation package £279.—remote package £161.10 & urban guard package £303.05 ,, ,, still a lot of money imo ,, over 3 years

That includes navigation package £279.—remote package £161.10 & urban guard package £303.05 ,, ,, still a lot of money imo ,, over 3 years
£20 a month, its for practically nothing

Can think of a few scenarios where it might be useful and many where it might not be as useful as it seems, eg unlock / lock car remotely, play with the windows, and due to network lag/connectivity/app issues be unable to confirm what state the car/windows are actually in (in real time). Also if for whatever reason phone compromised potentially car compromised too. Furthermore, surely by utilising the app to interrogate the numerous systems/sensors remotely it must have some affect on draining the battery. Add that to the reviews and well you can surely see where I’m at.
Couple of things here, if you're car has connectivity difficulties/in a poor signal area, you generally can't use any of the functions, meaning its pretty unlikely you'll be in a situation where the car is left unlocked and you can't contact it etc Second, battery usage is minimal because the systems aren't interrogated in real time, they're checked on startup/shutdown and the results stored (at least thats how it works on my car) and that's the info the app retrieves.

Newer Mercs and I imagine the EV range have more sophisticated features, but i'm guessing they've only improved the service since my car was built so I don't see what the worry is, frankly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom