Mercedes Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JHS

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250d AMG Line Premium Plus S205 Estate
Had an email from Mercedes Me telling me that they are changing the contract.
I did not know that I had a contract but what is Mercedes Me? Is it an alternative to Bugger Me? How do I access it?

Hi , Mercedes continually send me amendment to contract.

If you don't agree to t & c I am sure your service ceases !

Had an email from Mercedes Me telling me that they are changing the contract.
I did not know that I had a contract but what is Mercedes Me? Is it an alternative to Bugger Me? How do I access it?
In this context; Mercedes Mw is referring to the online and remote service, such as remote locking, remote fuel levels and tyre pressures status, maps, tracker, etc. Different modes have different features. There are some other bits and pieces too.

You need to sign into your Mercedes Me account through the Mercedes website or by downloading an app on a smartphone or tablet. Either way you’ll need a password, so if you don’t know it select the reset password option when you reach the login page.

Hi , Mercedes continually send me amendment to contract.

If you don't agree to t & c I am sure your service ceases !
Correct. Doing nothing is considered acceptance. If you object then Mercedes Me services are ceased.

Is it worth installing? Going by the reviews it is very flaky, and I can start the engine etc when I am in the car, no need to do everything remotely.

Is it worth installing? Going by the reviews it is very flaky, and I can start the engine etc when I am in the car, no need to do everything remotely.
Better to have it than not. You won’t use it often, but that one time you do then you’ll be glad that you had it. It certainly won’t change your life every day though.

Hi , Mercedes me : It's expensive and on my C207 it is inaccurate with its reading
Which reading is inaccurate exactly? I use mine all the time, fuel, mileage, tyres pressures, windows, sunroof, tailgate lock status and remote lock/unlock functions. All work just fine and show the correct numbers where relevant.

The only reason any of those may read inaccurate is if your car is parked in an area with poor cellular signal. Also, it only updates once you start/stop a journey.

So all in all, quite inaccurate, to call it inaccurate......

Mercedes Me can display the tyre pressures in PSI on my phone, but I can only get them in bar on the cluster display in the car?!

I find it pretty useful & reliable on our S205. Completely avoids the 'did I lock it?' scenario ... Mrs BTB sometimes puts the car in the garage and forgets to lock it, I get an alert on my phone with a prompt to lock - job done, no matter where I am. Similarly BTB Jnr has left a front window slightly ajar which wasn't spotted - alert on phone, close window from phone, sorted.

Handy to be able to check the fuel level / range if you've not driven it for a while, in addition to the tyre pressures you can see the battery status too.

The locator is useful if you share the car - you can see a map of where it is and whether it's parked or driving. You can even flash the lights if you're trying to find the car in a big car park e.g. at an event or airport.

For the first 3 years it's completely free, so a no-brainer IMHO. I will almost certainly continue to pay (annually?) for most of the services after that.

Which reading is inaccurate exactly? I use mine all the time, fuel, mileage, tyres pressures, windows, sunroof, tailgate lock status and remote lock/unlock functions. All work just fine and show the correct numbers where relevant.

The only reason any of those may read inaccurate is if your car is parked in an area with poor cellular signal. Also, it only updates once you start/stop a journey.

Hi , well I am pleased that your Mercedes me work correctly.

Mine does not.

Likewise, mine also works just as you have stated, and has done so since I purchased the car in 2019.

Mercedes Me can display the tyre pressures in PSI on my phone, but I can only get them in bar on the cluster display in the car?!

I find it pretty useful & reliable on our S205. Completely avoids the 'did I lock it?' scenario ... Mrs BTB sometimes puts the car in the garage and forgets to lock it, I get an alert on my phone with a prompt to lock - job done, no matter where I am. Similarly BTB Jnr has left a front window slightly ajar which wasn't spotted - alert on phone, close window from phone, sorted.

Handy to be able to check the fuel level / range if you've not driven it for a while, in addition to the tyre pressures you can see the battery status too.

The locator is useful if you share the car - you can see a map of where it is and whether it's parked or driving. You can even flash the lights if you're trying to find the car in a big car park e.g. at an event or airport.

For the first 3 years it's completely free, so a no-brainer IMHO. I will almost certainly continue to pay (annually?) for most of the services after that.
Yes that’s how it works as far as the psi on the phone, and the bar in the cluster, not sure why that is though.

Not to mention al of the below

Attachments

• F22AC043-054B-4BA7-9ACD-90BFAB64BBE1.png
    F22AC043-054B-4BA7-9ACD-90BFAB64BBE1.png
    941.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi , Mercedes dealer has unsuccessful tried to get Mercedes me working.

Mercedes has also tried and I feel given up to make Mercedes me work ( 4 attempts )

A present Mercedes me suggest that my car is parked 1 mile up the road. It's actually parked on my drive.

Hi , Mercedes dealer has unsuccessful tried to get Mercedes me working.

Mercedes has also tried and I feel given up to make Mercedes me work ( 4 attempts )

A present Mercedes me suggest that my car is parked 1 mile up the road. It's actually parked on my drive.
Well you could try another dealer, they're not all equal.

Hi , I quite agree with your comments but my local MB forgot to change the brake fluid at service.

Little confidence in them !

Usually a symptom of a misbehaving GPS antenna. May not be any Mercedes Me issue at all.

Usually a symptom of a misbehaving GPS antenna. May not be any Mercedes Me issue at all.
Hi , my radio works very but will look at your suggestion.

Thanks for you input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom