mercedes ml 270 cdi not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

09mercman

Car
ML 300 cdi Blue 2011
hi guys i have just had my injector seal's(all) and one injector replaced as well as all the brake disc and pads and a pully tensioner as well as maf sensor.
all done and working fine but yes there is a but the car is letting off a bit of black smoke on hard throttle? but when MAF disconnected it is very minimal.
ok so the number one injector was letting to much fuel flow so changed for another refurbished one.
after fitted mechanic programmed in and then went to start the car and nothing no even a squeak so put it on a machine and the code came as P1617-064 - EEPROM or incorrectly coded No harmonizing version number -----P1617 eeprom or incorrectley coded AT has been coded as MT.
so called around all day Saturday and all day sunday and found a guy who said he will come and have a look he connected a wire to the starter and it started no problem but when switched off it will not start again. tried to clear the errors no luck at all.
pleas pleas can anyone shed some light on this urgent this car is my only sourse to get around to and from work.

update AA arrived this morning and told me no live getting to starter solenoid he started it with a wire??:)
told me possible ign/inhabiter switch in the barrel.:wallbash:
anybody have any ideas as to if this is correct please let me know.

Hi,
Since no one else has taken a stab at this, I will have a go. Let us start with injectors. Was the replaced injector the same number as the one that was taken out? .... Was this "new refurbished" or just "cleaned up refurbished "...... Was the replaced injector reprogrammed on a STAR machine or some other diagnostic....... The code P1617 -064 is a control module not coded, which is confirming the codes you already have. From that, the injector seems to need recoding, ( or has someone made a comlete mess ? ) which means it needs to go onto a Star Diagnostic, which should also be able to tell you why it is not starting. I presume there were no key or starting issues before you had the work done.
Do you have any Mercedes Independents around your way ? Might be cheaper in the long run to get it onto a STAR rather than throw any more cash at it .

Steve.

hi guys still not sorted cant get car in to garage to get diagnosed earliest booking is first week of July now looking to get a mobile star reader out but the nearest to me is in south London and I am in Berkshire which is 10 mins from Heathrow but he will not come out to me as it is notin his area.
can any one help do you know anyone in the Berkshire area at all who is mobile??
help me

hi toolman
I had no problems with driving or starting the car till the injector was done:(
Need to get sorted as employer is getting cheesed of with me coming in late as me and the wife have to use the same car. I have to wait for her to come back from work and i have to jump in and go she finish's at 14.00 and i start at 14.00 get to work for 14.30 everyday for the past month not good:wallbash:

Hi 09mercman,
Bit of a bar steward that you have not yet got this sorted. Are you able to get the car fired up using a piece of wire from the battery to the top solenoid / ignition connection like the AA man did? Or if you do not feel confident then perhaps get the AA out again and get him to start it but also show you how its done? When you feel confident that you can start it with a piece of wire, then get it somewhere with a Star, so they can sort out the injector issue and the starting issue. Just try not to stall it ! LOL.
As an afterthought, if it has been standing a while then the battery might need a charge.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom