Mercedes ml few faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rowanski88

Car
ml 270 2001
Hi everyone,

I recently bought my first ever Mercedes which i must say is lovely to drive. I bought the car from a private seller who said it was in "perfect condition". Whilst it's in pretty good nic for the age etc, it's not what I would describe as perfect. Anyway, as I was walking out the door after handing over the cash. The guy said the alarm had been disabled and so the remote locking didn't work. I've looked under the bonnet and I can see the relay has been removed for the alarm. I'm wondering if this would indeed cause the remote locking to fail? Central locking works from inside the car and I have changed the batteries and reset the key but nothing. When I reset the key, the interior lights come on the first time i push one of the buttons, and then nothing.

Problem two. The interior lights in the front only come on for a split second when i open the door, but the rear ones come on and fade out as expected. If I start the engine and drive for a few seconds and then put the car in park, then they all light up as expected when I open the door. The other strange thing is when it's in park with the engine running, if i push the cabin light on then all the front interior lights come on. Both sides footwells the lot. Could this be some kind of earth issue? Also, some times only one half of the front interior lights will come on, but 90% of the time they just come on for a second and then go straight off again. Even when driving. I know these are little issues, but it would be nice to have them working.

Any help would be really appreciated as I'm at a total loss.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Beats me but welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the welcome and taking a look anyway. One thought I had was maybe an earth issue, but I'll see if anyone else has any ideas.

Welcome. Also have an ML , unfortunately am not an expert on electrics but I do wonder if you just need to replace the alarm unit. No doubt other forum members will be able to give you better advice

When I had a 2000 Clk 320 and the alarm started misbehaving I unplugged the factory alarm unit which was behind the passenger side fog lamp. Locking was unaffected.

When I had a 2000 Clk 320 and the alarm started misbehaving I unplugged the factory alarm unit which was behind the passenger side fog lamp. Locking was unaffected.
Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look for that too. The relay has definitely been removed and I wasn't sure if that maybe had something to do with it. But i suspect it's probably the aam module. I just want to be sure before I go spending mega money on a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom