Mercedes ML

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shepo08

Car
2015 e220 coupe
Hi all, I currently have a e220d coupe 15 reg, I am now looking to buy a ML but not to sure which engine to go for, the ML250 or ML350. I won't be doing any towing its literally just a family car. Does the ML250 engine pull and run well with such a body?

Arent they completely different engines, one being a 4 pot, the other a 6pot?

What age ML are you considering?

I believe they are yes one is a 2litre and one a 3litre v6

I am looking for a 2014 to 2015 model

**original post at the end was ment to say 'with such a large body'***

The ML250 will be fine, but the extra grunt from the ML350 will make it a more refined experience, and also feel more relaxed when having to accelerate more briskly - especially when it’s loaded with family and luggage.

Is there much difference in fuel economy between them? What mpg would I expect to get round town and on the motorway?

We have a 2012 W166 350, achieves early to mid 20's around the doors and early 30's on a run. The 250 although adequate, I felt was a bit more agricultural.
Can't comment on the MPG of the 250 as we have never owned one, however everything I read prior to purchase, was that the difference was minimal between the two.

We have a 2012 W166 350, achieves early to mid 20's around the doors and early 30's on a run. The 250 although adequate, I felt was a bit more agricultural.
Can't comment on the MPG of the 250 as we have never owned one, however everything I read prior to purchase, was that the difference was minimal between the two.
Early 30s on a run, just out of interest, if you're doing 60-65mph on the motorway with cruise control, what sort of milage is attainable?

Early 30s on a run, just out of interest, if you're doing 60-65mph on the motorway with cruise control, what sort of milage is attainable?

Normally on a run TBH it is about 65-70 and that is what my figures were based on. Don't think I have seen over 35-36 as that was after it had been re mapped for a mix of performance/economy.

I think my fuel bill is going to be a little bit heavy then. My e class 220 coupe gets about 50-60mpg on a long run.

Ye canna change the laws of physics 😊

Just can't seem to make my mind up between the 250 and 350!! I want good mpg but I also want the power. Does remapping these cars make much of a difference in the mpg? Some times I do a long run (260 mile trip 1 way) would i be able to possibly get 40mpg out of one of these engines on this trip? Some reason aswell my insurance is coming in cheaper for the 350? I don't know how!

Just can't seem to make my mind up between the 250 and 350!! I want good mpg but I also want the power. Does remapping these cars make much of a difference in the mpg? Some times I do a long run (260 mile trip 1 way) would i be able to possibly get 40mpg out of one of these engines on this trip? Some reason aswell my insurance is coming in cheaper for the 350? I don't know how!
If statistics show fewer claims involving the 350 it can just work out that way .

The difference in field consumption may be less significant than expected as the 250 will need to work harder than the 350, more of the time. I suspect overall the 250 will be marginally more fuel efficient but I wouldn’t let fuel economy be the deciding factor - the difference in cost will be a drop in the ocean compared to other running costs.

Suspect if you drive both you will buy the 350, still miss mine :)

Reactions: 219
I have an ML250 and find that motorway driving and using cruise control, I have been getting up to 44mpg on longer trips. No re-mapping as dcan't see the point and don't think it will improve on this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom