Mercedes ml270 2004

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martlmendit

Car
Mercedes ml270 2004
Hi guys am new here but have a problem if anyone can help me, was driving along today and then fuel light suddenly came on and promptly ran out of fuel got aa to get me home found the high pressure fuel pipe had slightly popped out of the pump so fitted a new fuel pipe filled the filter with diesel and bled the injectors it started 'great' so switched it off, about half an hour later tried to start it and would not start checked for fuel at the injectors and there is fuel there when i crack the pipes i am baffled as to why it won't start is there a form of immobilisation i could have triggered. Any help would be much appreciated

It could be fuel running back, the seals on the low pressure (plastic pipes) can fail and then it takes a long crank time to get the fuel back to the top.

There’s also a possibility of a failing injector maybe because it ran dry, a small squirt of easy start up the intake might help it start and prove it’s fuel related not immobiliser.

Hi Dodipops and thanks for your reply after making sure I had bled all the air from the system i reverted to a drop of easy start and she fired up and so far has been fine, once again thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom