Mercedes ML270cdi starting problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uk174

Car
,190cosworth,420 sl,
My mercedes ML 270 cdi 2003 seems to haave developed a starting problem in that when i go to start it it does not fire straight away.Have to keep turning it to the point of battery almost going flat before it fires.Have noticed this only after car has been running and engine is warmie/if been out to local supermarket ,park up then have to start again whilst engine still warm.
Local indy seem to suggest poss injector problem or air getting into fuel pipes?
Any thoughts? Once started ML runs fine ,not sluggish,no smoke. What would be the tell tale signs of injector problems ?

From just reading the forum am i correct in assuming that it is most likely to be an injector prob and if so can it be cured with just changing the seals or does the leaking seal actually damage the injector so that it needs to be changed .Also what kind of cost am i looking at ?

hi
have a look at the plugs that go into your ecu
i am having a problem with oil travelling up the loom and going into the ecu
causing the car to take a while to start than if the oil is not removed the car will not start till its cold daft i know but i found this just by sheer chance i was looking for a cause to the starting problem and unplugged the ecu and oil was all in the connections usually the first squareish grey one and you have to check all fuses and relays as the oil drips off and onto the fuse box as well

when did you last have it seviced it could be as simple as a fuel filter if you want to pm me i could come take a look at it

Get the codes read, could be crank sensor, could be injectors, could be high pressure pump, could be air in the fuel lines.

Needs to go on a star machine to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom