Mercedes MOT offer ---- ????????????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Just had an email from MB , the MOT on my wife's W169 is due shortly , offer price is £5485 but I can offset it against any repairs needed after the MOT. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I always thought there was maximum price for an MOT and that’s surely more than £5,400 over and above the maximum 😳

Did they miss the point...... (.) £54.85?

Still expensive.

Screenshot-20200708-224008-Chrome.jpg

well, it can't get more expensive than that.... literally.

Had my car mot'd in February by my local dealer and as it was covered by both a T1 Warranty and a service contract they allowed me the £54.85 as a credit to be taken agains MB Accesories , got myself a nice MB Polo Shirt and a Memory Stick ( looks like a MB key ) I was very happy as the cheapest MOT locally at the time was £39.99 so effectively I got an the two items for £15 :)

I'm always suspicious when the trade links MoTs and repairs as if they are doing you a favour.

I'm always suspicious when the trade links MoTs and repairs as if they are doing you a favour.

I agree, but then on the other hand, it is very convenient to have both done in one go (assuming you do service your car every 12 months on the dot), rather than having to book a separate MOT test at another garage another day.

Pros and cons.....

I use ATS, either online or via Groupon if your local ATS is in the deal, normally pay at most £30 although last one booked online I got a £5 discount for booking for a Friday.

It makes for an interesting conversation when you have your car serviced and tested in the same day..and it fails the test...

I ended up with a free MoT and a free repair....

I agree, but then on the other hand, it is very convenient to have both done in one go (assuming you do service your car every 12 months on the dot), rather than having to book a separate MOT test at another garage another day.

Pros and cons.....
Convenience costs. It's like plumbers. Any job I can do myself or cheaper (at the required quality) means I make a profit. Profits can be reinvested for more profits or more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom