Mercedes Multi-CD Changer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Please can you tell me the part number of the cd-changer? Is it an optical one? If it has part number 203 820 90 89 then I could be very interested :)

Is it compatable with a Pioneer DEH-P3500MP. And if it is what would you accept?

sorry Shude, you have first option, you asked before me.

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
Is it compatable with a Pioneer DEH-P3500MP. And if it is what would you accept?

sorry Shude, you have first option, you asked before me.

Ian - I may be selling one in the near future that is an original pioneer . . . will be posting further details soon.

S.

Last edited:
It is the optical model...but I cannot remember what model number is on it.
When I get home I'll check and post an update and a couple of pics of the main details including the connections.
As it is an MB original unit, I am not sure what non-MB head units it would connect to but as said I'll take a pic of the connections say you can see for yourself

Cheers
Steve

Originally posted by stevel123
It is the optical model...but I cannot remember what model number is on it.
When I get home I'll check and post an update and a couple of pics of the main details including the connections.
As it is an MB original unit, I am not sure what non-MB head units it would connect to but as said I'll take a pic of the connections say you can see for yourself
Excellent, thanks :)

Originally posted by sym
Ian - I may be selling one in the near future that is an original pioneer . . . will be posting further details soon.

S.

Thanks Sym, please keep me posted. Good ere innit.

Here is the first picture confirming the model number and that it is a CD changer !!

Attachments

• dsc00370.jpg
    dsc00370.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 165
and here is a pic of the connections on the back...the larger of the 2 is the fibre connection

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• dsc00371.jpg
    dsc00371.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 160
Bummer, thats me out of it. Wrong connections, never mind. (Hi Sym, buddy, nice person, M8, friend etc re message above)

Originally posted by Shude
Please can you tell me the part number of the cd-changer? Is it an optical one? If it has part number 203 820 90 89 then I could be very interested :)

stevel123: 12/09/2003 12:11pm
Shude: 12/09/2003 12:16pm

Blimey, Shude, you are keen! :D . Looks like the right one, mate!

I've given up on the idea of having a cd-changer - have ordered something much more interesting to install :D :p ...

Cheers
Andrew

Originally posted by Flyer
stevel123: 12/09/2003 12:11pm
Shude: 12/09/2003 12:16pm

Blimey, Shude, you are keen! :D . Looks like the right one, mate!

I've given up on the idea of having a cd-changer - have ordered something much more interesting to install :D :p ...

Cheers
Andrew

I thought Nick was very fair in giving a full 5 mins for someone else to reply :p Perfect match eh? Nice one. So Nick will you be mounting that in the glove box then ;) :p

Flyer,

I'm intrigued, what have you got instead of a CD-changer... MP3 HDD perchance?

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
I'm intrigued, what have you got instead of a CD-changer... MP3 HDD perchance?

Close :D ... but not quite. Gave up on the Dension DMP3 and ordered one of these (20GB) instead:

1.jpg

Plus a car kit, which will be stealth-installed :bannana:

(Was going to keep this quiet until it was installed, but you're such an effective interrogator Steve ... :D ).

Cheers
Andrew

Close :D ... but not quite. Gave up on the Dension DMP3 and ordered one of these (20GB) instead...

Plus a car kit, which will be stealth-installed :bannana:
Andrew,

Excellent!! 20Gb iPod :D Are you going to post install pics then? ;)

Was going to keep this quiet until it was installed, but you're such an effective interrogator Steve ... :D

Cheers
Andrew
Hehe you're too polite :) others would call it being a nosey git :p :devil:

*EDIT* Apologies to stevel123 for hijacking the back end of your thread, maybe we should continue the iPod elsewhere Andrew :)

S.

Last edited:
I thought Nick was very fair in giving a full 5 mins for someone else to reply :p Perfect match eh? Nice one. So Nick will you be mounting that in the glove box then ;) :p
Lol, I can almost get a whole glove in that glovebox!

I will be mounting a changer on the oem cd-changer frame, which I found glued to the back of a JVC unit yesterday :)

Attachments

• changerframe.jpg
    changerframe.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 104
Excellent!! 20Gb iPod :D Are you going to post install pics then? ;)

But of course! Will start a new thread when I get it. :D

*EDIT* Apologies to stevel123 for hijacking the back end of your thread

Yep, sorry mate!

Originally posted by Shude
I will be mounting a changer on the oem cd-changer frame, which I found glued to the back of a JVC unit yesterday

Was this JVC unit found on your infamous shelf? ;)

Was this JVC unit found on your infamous shelf? ;)
no it wasn't, it was found in my car in the space where the factory optical cd-changer (which would have worked with comand!) used to be mounted before the previous owner flogged it to make more money out of the car before selling it! :(

Grr! Bluddy traders!

The JVC unit is *now* on the infamous shelf, and will most likely be making it's way to ebay and then a happy new owner in the not-too-distant future :)

That changer has shot up to £150! It is now only £75 less than I can get brand new from the stealership! I've not bidded on it, if it gets anywhere near the £200 mark then I won't be interested, not when I can get a brand new one for only £225 from the parts counter (list is only £251 inclusive), never having been used before and with all the warranties etc that come with it :)

We shall see eh? :)

The dealer will sell one for £225? I thought they were about £100 more; add-a-cdchanger sell them for £360 :eek: .

In that case, £100-£125 is probably the max a used one is worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom