Mercedes Museum and Factory Tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
At yesterdays MB World GTG, it was mentioned that it would be good idea to go to Stuttgart for an overnight stay and see the Mercedes Museum plus do the Factory Tour.
We could do the factory tour (2hours) on the tuesday ,then have plenty of time at the muesum on the wednesday.

I have done the research and have already booked for myself and ladyfriend. Herewith the info'.............

Flights (Germanwings) are midweek from Stanstead [departing 08.00 Tuesday 16th Sept] and [arriving back on Wednesday 17th Sept at 20.00].

The bargain price for the flight is £28 per person return which includes taxes.......But you have to book by 27th April 08.

I found a 3 Star hotel in Stuttgart with singles @ 35 euros {only 5 left}and doubles/twin {only 9 left} @ 55 euros, PLUS 7 euros for breakfast.

Extras would be transportation to Hotel/Factory and Entrance fee to Museum [8 Euros] and food.

I'm afraid I can't book flights/hotels for other people..... but can help with the Airline and Hotel reservations or give the information to anyone who wants it, to do their own booking.

BTW Greg [R2D2] did this trip albeit in one day and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Any questions, contact me please.

Last edited:
Hello,

The museum is good and there is a great shop for Mercedes goodies.

Cafe inside it also good for food :)

Have a good trip

Been there twice in 1997 and 1998 after we bought our new W202.

Thank you for reminding me of the forn memory. I remember there was a display of the Messersmith triplane hanging up there in the air bringing back the Naz! memory period during the war.

You can also take a tour of the car manufacturing next door at Singelfingen(Hedelfingen?).

Your tour of Stuttgart is not complete without visiting the Porche manufacturing center to the north of the city calls Zuffenhausen. It a pink factory because the roofs are pink. After you comes out of the factory dazzled by these Porche cars, looking at the E-class driving past look bland. Highly recommended. :eek:

Last edited:
I am just checking the dates and I hope to go, I will not have an answer until the 5th june

It better to take your car with you than take a flight there. Enjoy the good food and beer and go to Munich to see BM car production factory. B&B are high quality and reasonable second only to US Fly Drive.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom