Mercedes Museum & Sindelfingen - tips?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr1nch

Car
2017 W222 S350d AMG Line Premium Plus : Iridium Silver and Black Nappa
I'll be there next week (28 & 29th) with SWMBO

* Any tips, for either venue?
* Its a longshot, but anyone else going?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Motorworld s right opposite the factory and well worth a visit. Lots to see and do and some interesting places to eat. Got your hotel booked? The V8 Hotel at Motorworld is well placed, interesting and good value.

MOTORWORLD | Space for Motoring Passion

What are you going in? If it's a MB "classic" (not sure what they count as classic), they let you park on the apron right in front of the museum. You have to see the 'parking manager', in his little glass hut there.

I loved the museum, but felt that the cars were over-restored. Among the perfection, one 1950s cabriolet actually had the patina of creases in its leather upholstery - and suddenly looked so real.

Best museum gift shop in the world, though: keyrings, models, books etc ... plus actual cars for sale, both brand new and classic!

Last edited:
Factory tours can be booked in the museum basement level. We did the engine plant tour and it was excellent and conducted by a retired worker who really knew his stuff.

:eek:don't leave your camera in a Stuttgart taxi. You'll never see it again :eek:

I'll be there last week of June

sifi_endkontrolle2.jpg

Can't be there next week. (Only just back from the South of France today), but I will be there in the last week of June, so I'll be noting down good tips,like the hotel and food recommendations.

Can't wait to see the Sindelfingen production line: https://youtu.be/-06qpfOBSSM

Mike

Last edited:
Heresy I know but if you are in Stuttgart have a look at the Porsche museum, which in my humble opinion is better than the MB one. Factory tour at Porsche was really interesting too. Enjoy it all whatever you do.

The M-B museum is big - it takes a while to get round, even if you don't look at things too closely. We've been twice now and would certainly go again.

Doesn't sound like you'll have much spare time but if you do the nearby museum at Sinsheim is vast and definitely worth a visit:

https://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/

They have a sister museum just down the road at Speyer which we've not been to yet but is also supposed to be very good:

https://speyer.technik-museum.de/en/

Only been to the Stuttgart MB Museum once, but would be happy to go back again.

Don't know what else you're doing or how much time overall, but if at all possible get down to Mulhouse and check out the Schlumpf Collection. If not this trip, then I recommend it any time your within 100 miles.

heresy i know but if you are in stuttgart have a look at the porsche museum, which in my humble opinion is better than the mb one. Factory tour at porsche was really interesting too. Enjoy it all whatever you do.

+1

Heresy I know but if you are in Stuttgart have a look at the Porsche museum, which in my humble opinion is better than the MB one.

I hope they've improved the audiobook since my last visit. Some of the things they were insinuating responsibility for were laughable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom