Mercedes museum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whirsk

Car
1990 300ce
Hi Folks

I am travelling to the mercedes and Porsche museum in August as part of 40th birthday celebrations.

Just wondering if many have been and any recommendations of do's and donts?

Also has anyone rented cars at Porsche museum spotted it on their website and looks like fun.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Start with Porsche Museum, so you're not disappointed with it after Mercedes one. The second one is great and it can take a lot of time to see and read everything.

We went last year on the BMW and parked right outside, you can on a bike. Porsche was fantastic, didn't bother with the drive as I thought it quite expensive, and you can't get that far in an hour. MB world was superb too but again parking is at a premium. It will take a whole day to do them properly, the MB one is massive.

Start with Porsche Museum, so you're not disappointed with it after Mercedes one. The second one is great and it can take a lot of time to see and read everything.

Echo this, the MB museum really is a huge step up over the Porsche one.

Motor world is also worth a view at the V8 hotel site if you are in the area and it is free.

S

Thanks for the info folks.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just got back from Mercedes museum this morning, highly recommend your visit :)

I disagree with some of the above comments. I went for my birthday a few years ago. The MB museum may be much bigger but the Porsche museum is far more stylish, has a great selection of really rare cars and you are able to drool over all of them.

Not to say the mb one isn't great too.

I guess it depends on the point of view. I wouldn't bother with another visit to Porsche but I will certainly go back to MB. In my opinion Porsche lacked more personal information about cars, like who was the owner, etc.

I would recommend the Mercedes museum to anyone. They do have some displays that change, I'm not sure how often they rotate the displays but what you see today might not be there tomorrow. I visited with friends, in the group we had 3 women who are not really interested in cars but they enjoyed it. You can be there as long as you like, skip round in an hour or take time and spend 4 or 5 hours.

If you like vehicles generally visit the sinsheim technology museum about an hour west of Stuttgart. That is also like nothing you have ever seen. They have concord on the roof and the Russian version tupelev 144.

Oh and don't forget to sample a few German beers!

I would recommend the Mercedes museum to anyone. They do have some displays that change, I'm not sure how often they rotate the displays but what you see today might not be there tomorrow. I visited with friends, in the group we had 3 women who are not really interested in cars but they enjoyed it. You can be there as long as you like, skip round in an hour or take time and spend 4 or 5 hours.

If you like vehicles generally visit the sinsheim technology museum about an hour west of Stuttgart. That is also like nothing you have ever seen. They have concord on the roof and the Russian version tupelev 144.

Oh and don't forget to sample a few German beers!

Totally agree about Sinsheim, but the place is absolutely vast, an early start and full day needed to get the best from it. We went there last year for about 6 hrs and didn't see everything. Did go up in Concorde tho :thumb:

We've done the M-B museum a couple of times, and Sinsheim (I've got threads here with pictures from both). Highly recommended.

I was at the MB museum in Ladenburg, fantastic. Even had the original dress Bertha Benz wore at her wedding. :p

Hi Folks

I am travelling to the mercedes and Porsche museum in August as part of 40th birthday celebrations.

Just wondering if many have been and any recommendations of do's and donts?

1/ Don't leave your camera with all your holiday pics in a taxi. :wallbash:

2/ pre-book the engine plant tour. They take you there by bus. Amazing.

I've been invited to Stuttgart later this year on a jolly by one of our suppliers (Flex powertools) to visit the beer festival.

My business partner is already figuring out how many beers he'll be able to try and I'm trying work out how I can make it to the Porsche and Mercedes Museums.

<----Geek.

I've been invited to Stuttgart later this year on a jolly by one of our suppliers (Flex powertools) to visit the beer festival.

My business partner is already figuring out how many beers he'll be able to try and I'm trying work out how I can make it to the Porsche and Mercedes Museums.

<----Geek.

I'll say slowly and carefully. Try not to stagger into the road you may get run over :D

When you reach the point when you think you have had enough German beer, ask for a schnapps. 5 minutes later you are ready to go again!

When you reach the point when you think you have had enough German beer, ask for a schnapps. 5 minutes later you are ready to go again!

Frankly I'm not really a beer drinker (I like the odd pint of Guinness). I'm a wine drinker.

I'll probably be looking for the Blue Nun or Black tower tent :crazy:

Blue Nun - you'd be better off with a bottle of sarsons :p

Do you have to book at all or just roll up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom