Mercedes OEM suspension Parts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t-dawg1

Car
Mercedes W211
Anyone know who the OEM suspension parts for W211 ball joints and arms is? Some say it's lemforder and some say TRW? Iv just ordered TRW ones from MISTERAUTO!

MB are gonna have more one than source for a given part a lot of time so both camps are probably right. FWIW i recently bought some new top mounts for my w124... eurocrapparts only showed Q drive tat on their site for ~£30 ea, MB wanted over £50. I bought Lemforder mounts from Midland car spares/autopartstechnik.co.uk and what turned up was dual branded as Lemforder/Boge and had MB part numbers cast into them although the MB star that preceded the # had been sanded off. They were £28 ea delivered...

Both Lemforder / TRW have been OE suppliers across the years and range however the supplier would differer even down to Engine / Trim level and its possible that during a build they both supplied the same part to MB.

If you're mainly worried about quality, stick with either of the above and you cant go wrong.

Im suprised Hot Rodder wasnt able to find them, as it appears we stock both Lemforder, Meyle and OCAP for most of the 211's

Let me know you're reg if you want me to check for your exact car :)

Pat

Hi Pat, it was for a w124 where the only choice appeared to be Q drive. While the ECP and carparts4less sites both recognise my reg number they don't acknowledge the existance of w124 estates and so don't show any parts unless i manually select a coupe/convertible. Searching for the Lemforder part number got nothing either.
Not a dig at you as you go out of your way to help but i'm not a fan of the ECP business model (high prices to offset the constant sales and discount codes) so was only looking out of curiosity anyway

Hey!

thats really odd - can you PM me your reg so i can see if there is an issue with the data (it might be linked to the wrong model) - If so, i can arrange for the team to update the system, which will also correct the Web. I also want to see why you could only find Qdrive, as at first glance i can see a massive choice!

regarding prices, we have been selling at the same price online and instore for the past 6 years - and in our traditional market (branches) these prices sell over the counter every day,

The web is able to offer a discount for obvious reasons, however we cant offer a flat out discount - as it may undercut our trade customers - therefore occasional 'sales' and 'special offers' keep everybody (well, not EVERYBODY) happy!

I hope you continue to give us a chance, and look at the prices at face value - and if we're out on anything thats like for like - please give me a shout and ill always aim to better it (and pass the feedback to the pricing team who can update the system nationally!)

Pat

image-1736562754.jpg

Knocks and clunks gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom