Mercedes of Reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikesmith29

SUPPORTER
Car
2019 C200 Estate
Today I took my car in to Mercedes Reading with their new building.

It was a nice experience in that I drove in to a covered area where I was met by a concierge and my details taken, as I drove in there was a small speed bump with sensors to measure the tyre depth.

There was a list by the desk showing my name and reg along with the service personnel dealing with me.

The new system ensures that you get out of your car and go straight in the reception area with out having to get wet, wind swept or cold and the vehicle is bought back to the same place upon collection.

This is a vast improvement over other dealers where you struggle to find a parking space and then have to walk in the cold and wet to the service department.

It’s the same with MB Gatwick... owners won’t get wet, it’s very nice.

You have to drive up to the garage doors, they open and close automatically.

Very American. Lots of dealers have this set up over there.

This is a vast improvement over other dealers where you struggle to find a parking space and then have to walk in the cold and wet to the service department.

Which is pretty much how their site used to be, it was always a nightmare to park (which is indirectly the reason they no longer get my business). Audi have done the same with their new building down towards the motorway.

You get to stay nice and dry taking your car in, with I guess more parking, but still you have to suffer the same inept dealer I've previously experienced on that site, albeit once luckily.

Every silver lining has a cloud I guess.

You get to stay nice and dry taking your car in, with I guess more parking, but still you have to suffer the same inept dealer I've previously experienced on that site, albeit once luckily.

Every silver lining has a cloud I guess.
Quite agree - I would much rather that my dealer gave me the service that I would expect from a brand like Mercedes and I can just use my umbrella if it’s raining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom