Mercedes Of Worcester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
Credit where credit is due, MB of Worcester have looked after my dad very well.

My dad has a 2000 W210 E320 which has only done 40k miles, is looked after and garaged. He bought it approx 3 years ago as a signature used car, and it has been very good.

Anyway thanks to this forum, I became aware that there was a problem with the 210 and rust. About 3 months ago, I checked his car out, and there was the telltale signs of rust starting to come through on both the inner wheel arch rims.

A bit more research here, and I told him to ring Mercedes and ask them to inspect the problem, anyway he took it in, they inspected it, and said no problem sir, we will book it in and sort it out. (Incidentally the last service was done by the local independent, there was no issue or mention of not having FMBSH).

Anyway he took it in last monday, was given a brand new A150 as courtesy car (Ok a CLS320 CDI was perhaps too much to ask for;) ), and they returned his car 4 days later, with 2 new front wings and resprayed, and I have to say looking very good.

He was quite surprised that they replaced the wings, but the dealer said that they did not want it to come back and replacement was the only sure way.

So a big :bannana: to MB Worcester and MB UK who I assume picked up the bill.

MB worcester have looked after me now for approx 3 yrs.

I had the same issue with my C32, a little bubbling forming on the bonnet hinges and they took it in and replaced the whole bonnet.

Kudos to them.

MB worcester have looked after me now for approx 3 yrs.

I had the same issue with my C32, a little bubbling forming on the bonnet hinges and they took it in and replaced the whole bonnet.

Kudos to them.

I don't think they'd do that now though. Seems in several areas MB are tightening up on how far they'll go with goodwill repairs.

I don't think they'd do that now though. Seems in several areas MB are tightening up on how far they'll go with goodwill repairs.

I was told by an insider high up in mb worcester before she departed is that you have no idea as how far they'de go to keep you happy as mbuk holds 1million of there hard earned and each time a problem is not solved and mbuk is involved to rectify these probs they loose some of it, that also applies to most dealers, so in there own best interest they sort things out if you know what i mean.

What this good lady also told me was, and she clearly emphasized this, is that as a customer we must realize how much power we have at a garage as there wages/bonuses all depend on us.Low scoring dealerships === no bonuses at the end of the year, so keeping us Joe public happy means higher scores and hefty bonuses,KEEP THIS IN MIND CHAPS.

Funny this thread has come up as only last night I dropped off my car to get body work done under mobilo at Worcester MB.
Similarly to gbjeppm I do not have a full mb service history so wasn't 100% that the I would be covered however was more than pleasently surprised when it got the thumbs up.
So now have a new bonnet, 2 front wings, 3 doors, boot and 1 rear wing! bonus!

A couple of things that everyone should be aware of with mobilo claims are:
- the dealer has no say over the approval of the claim and can only submit photos to support it. the nod is given by DC headoffice.
- the dealer benefits from these claims as all repair work is put through their books as if paid for by a private party
- rust resulting from stone chips is not covered by mobilo

In the end the guys at Worcester were very helpful and supportive and I recommend their stealership to anyone in the area. However at the end of the day, from a cynics point of view, they are going to make a packet out of this claim and they will now be getting my custom in the future with services etc. so its sorta what you should expect.

Having said the above; just got off the phone to the repairs department and have been told they snapped a bolt on the transmission casing whilst changing the trans oil. Whilst digging that out they have broken the casing around the bolt :~ Can see a new thread here!

Worcester are really going to be tested now!

Last edited:
- the dealer benefits from these claims as all repair work is put through their books as if paid for by a private party
I'm really interesting in automotive retail, and one day might make a career change - so I've been keen to find out how it all works. And this is my understanding.

Before becoming approved, a bodyshop must agree to DCUKs hourly rate, which apparently isn't much - there aren't many bodyshops prepared to meet the quality and service requirements for that rate.

DCUK have a tariff for common jobs, and a team of assessors (and hence the photos sent to DCUK) for less common repairs, which specify the number of hours that they will authorise.

It then becomes a negotiation game which DCUK almost always seem to win!!

The invoice is then presented to DCUK based upon:

duration in hours x hourly rate = invoice amount​

No description other than "as per" the system used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom