Mercedes Owners Clubs (Which One?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rf065

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
I was looking at the Mercedes Owners Club tonight and see there are more than one of them, anyone know if they are all the same or is any one better than the other? Are they worth joining?

Russ

This one is the only recognised club by MB:

http://www.mercedes-benz-club.co.uk/

Its a very good club with plenty of events and technical support,excellent monthly magazine, plus parts and labour discounts at a lot of the dealerships.

Last edited:
Which one is that? Did someone recommend them?

Russ

I used to be a member, and can vouch for it being an excellent club, especially if you have an interest in older/classic mercs. The annual concours event is probably the finest collection of classic mercedes you will see in this country: better than any car show I have visited. Very active web forum as well, and quite a few informal meetings organised via the forum. Most of the activity did seem to be based in the south, but that was where the majority of members were. Gazette has a classified section, which was always interesting, although I thought there were some very optimistic prices being asked. In fact, that was always the first section I looked at. I did think that not all the club discounts were quite what they seemed, but I won't go into that, as they are all set up in good faith, and I seriously upset some people in the club when I questioned them. Other discounts, such as the main dealer parts and labour arrangement are very worthwhile.

I only left because I no longer owned a classic merc, and my more modern vehicle is really just a (very nice) means of transport, rather than a hobby. I do actually miss going to the get togethers, but times change. So yes, it is a club worth joining:D

I can vouch for all said above. Meets are very friendly: my own favourites are Tatton Park and Harewood House, both in the early part of the year. Well worth the trip down from Scotlands central belt. The National Concours is always well attended, this year at Haynes Motor Museum near Yeovil. Come along to the club stand at the NEC Classic Car show to get a flavour.
And if you never go to an event the Gazette is worth the sub on it's own. Much better than ME.

Should be worth it for the parts & labour discount alone.

Russ

You only have to ask the main dealers for discount - you don't need to belong to a club. Expect 10 - 15% off parts and potentially more off labour if it on a car > 4 years old. If you don't ask you won't get!

do any mb shows have a autojumble & trade stands ect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom