Mercedes PCP Deals - What Happened?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You don't have to finance a new car (or re-finance) with Mercedes Benz Finance. There are plenty of others better. We use a local firm, excellent. Can PM you details if you want

Richard
sure send me over the details

Had my C43 for two years I felt I had a pretty decent deal as I bought it when the model was just launched and had quite a few extras added as well. £3.5k deposit and £570 a month.

I contacted Mercedes Finance to extend the agreement and they have quoted me £670 a month??

I have then asked for a couple of quotes on other Mercedes for my family and partner - E250 coupe - £800 a month on a 1.5K deposit, CLA180 night edition - £426 a month, wait for it... A250 - £521 a month!!

Honestly at the point now of sacking off Mercedes, I have bought 6 cars new from them since around 2011 but now the deals are absolutely shocking!
I'm now looking to move from BMW to Merc and looking online at their new and used deals I felt extremely disappointed! The APR on the advertised deals is MEGA, definitely negotiable but sitting at 12.9% as a standard rate is a shocker. Think you might need a silver tongue to get into a good deal now, haha

I'm now looking to move from BMW to Merc and looking online at their new and used deals I felt extremely disappointed! The APR on the advertised deals is MEGA, definitely negotiable but sitting at 12.9% as a standard rate is a shocker. Think you might need a silver tongue to get into a good deal now, haha

The APR is set high on used cars to make the overpriced new cars look more attractive with the lower monthly rentals. Try looking at a bank loan or other unsecured finance.

The APR is set high on used cars to make the overpriced new cars look more attractive with the lower monthly rentals. Try looking at a bank loan or other unsecured finance.
yeah it's crazy, would expect to get a user vehicle a lot cheaper than a new one:

for example the C43:

Brand new offer:
Retail Price: £48,763.84
48 Monthly Payments: £527.44
Deposit: £8,533.67 (mental high)
APR: 4.9%

Used Example (Registered 07/2019 with 2500 miles):
Retail Price: £39,944.00
48 Monthly Payments: £566.20 (already more expensive)
Deposit: £6,990.20 (still pretty high)
APR: 12.3%

Both of those deposits seem perfectly reasonable at less than 20% of cost.

You can't cheat the maths on paying for a near £50k car

On the new one, you've only paid 70% of the cost after 4 years....

Manufacturers have little interest in flogging used cars

Both of those deposits seem perfectly reasonable at less than 20% of cost.

You can't cheat the maths on paying for a near £50k car

On the new one, you've only paid 70% of the cost after 4 years....

Manufacturers have little interest in flogging used cars

That's very true! I guess this is just a big jump for me in terms of previously being a student and living within my means, to graduating and earning more and things costing more, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom