Mercedes planning X6 beater...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the idea of having a car with a slightly sporting demeanour, room for the dogs and would probably do 10mpg more than the ML is appealing
biggrin.gif
- Isn't that the 2012 ML? :D

MarkP

Yup - a tomato with wheels attached to it will be better than an X6.

(and now for bonus points - which episode of Blackadder carries reference to a wheeled tomato? :D)

Black Adder the Third: Ink and Incapability

Dr Johnson: "Copy sir, I have no copy. making a copy is like putting wheels on a tamoto; time consuming and utterly pointless."

Points please....

Black Adder the Third: Ink and Incapability

Dr Johnson: "Copy sir, I have no copy. making a copy is like putting wheels on a tamoto; time consuming and utterly pointless." ....

Is the "tamoto" returning interfrastically?

Yup - a tomato with wheels attached to it will be better than an X6.

Is this why BMW sell all the X6s they can make? Or the reason why they have class leading residuals? They're also extremely good dynamically and well engineered. It wiped the floor with pretty much everything from all classes of vehicle in the recent Autocar performance tests.

Just because it doesn't suit your perception of what is a good car, doesn't mean that it's not a good car, Mr Narrow Mind. :rolleyes: ;);)

I love the look of that shooting brake!

Is this why BMW sell all the X6s they can make? Or the reason why they have class leading residuals? They're also extremely good dynamically and well engineered. It wiped the floor with pretty much everything from all classes of vehicle in the recent Autocar performance tests.

Just because it doesn't suit your perception of what is a good car, doesn't mean that it's not a good car, Mr Narrow Mind. :rolleyes: ;);)

Hello stranger ;)

The X6 was in response to Land Rovers success with the Sport, and by the looks of it, it's sold well.

I can't see why anyone would buy one over an X5 but what do I know...:rolleyes:

I love the look of that shooting brake!
- me too. The side windows seem to have regained that narrow, sweeping look of the original model, that I think has been lost slightly with the new model.

MarkP

Hello stranger ;)

The X6 was in response to Land Rovers success with the Sport, and by the looks of it, it's sold well.

Wotcha :thumb:

Aye, 120,000 since 2008. It shouldn't make sense as a car, but obviously it does to a lot of people. It barely depreciates as well, which is utterly suprising.

It has a market for the obnoxious tossers that buy this type of car along with RR sports etc. I want one. :eek:

- me too. The side windows seem to have regained that narrow, sweeping look of the original model, that I think has been lost slightly with the new model.

MarkP

I'm a bit of an estate car fan these days, or rather any car that performs and looks well but has lots of functionality and feature-rich design.

- Isn't that the 2012 ML? :D

MarkP

I don't think so! The ML 'Sport' is one of Mercedes best oxymorons! As a current ML owner I have yet to find anything remotly sporting about the ML. Unless, maybe, your 'sport' is darts! It's about as sporting as John Prescott;)

I would be delighted to find that the new ML was much more economical in the real world than my current one, but unless they have distorted the laws of physics, then it will be small gain. This was brought home to me last month when I took a new BMW X3 deep into France. Despite a headline mpg figure of nearly 50mpg, it returned just 37. Much the same as my current ML would give. The CLS did 46mpg over 250 miles yesterday:)

Last edited:
I don't think so! The ML 'Sport' is one of Mercedes best oxymorons!
- lol, I was actually thinking more in terms of improved economy. Completely get your point on actual mpg vs claimed, but if the tests are all done using the same method then it should be a reasonable way to compare between cars. In that respect the new ML should be a huge improvement over the existing model.
There's a page here - 2012 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Engines | eMercedesBenz which makes the direct comparison. The figures for the new ML350 are considerably better than for the old, and performance is v slightly improved. Emissions are down massively, taking it into the £210 per annum band, which quite frankly I find amazing. And I don't think 0-60 in 7.6 secs is too bad! (I think it's the same as MrsP's SLK200) Same engine as the latest CLS350 diesel I believe, that to my mind has a near miraculous combination of performance, economy and emissions.
The new ML250 diesel is even more economical if you don't mind the performance or having a 4-cylinder.

Cheers,
MarkP

I don't think so! The ML 'Sport' is one of Mercedes best oxymorons! As a current ML owner I have yet to find anything remotly sporting about the ML. Unless, maybe, your 'sport' is darts! It's about as sporting as John Prescott;)

:D

That tickled me!

Hello stranger ;)

Wasn't the Sport in response to BMWs success with the X5 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom