Mercedes planning X6 beater...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercy1

Car
It's a car - just a car!
I read that MB is planning to launch a rival to the X6, which will be based on the new ML. Few could see the point of the X6 and it looks gross (IMHO) - but it has sold. (I think BMW can sell anything to their aficionados!) I wonder if MB fans will go for it...!

The X6 is a very stupid car so it will not be difficult to better it. Even the R class MB is not quite as stupid.

I erred into an X6 for 6 months.
I liked the drive position. Hated the letterbox rear window/view.
Went round roundabouts well.
Upon reflection and reading the above, I can't work out why I bought one :)

Will be interesting to see how MB will create a rival.

In recent years, the size and shape of cars have varied dramatically. Cross-overs are far more prevalent and attract buyers. Nissan Juke and Quashai have been a success for Nissan, Mercedes A Class, CLS and R class in Europe have done well for Mercedes-Benz. If they craft the car with greater sensitivity than the X6, I'm sure it will sell. What would it be called?!

When you see how well the obnoxious, antagonistic breeze block Rolls Phantom sells -it is not surprising that others follow with OTT in yer face designs

LOVE the Phantom :D

In recent years, the size and shape of cars have varied dramatically. Cross-overs are far more prevalent and attract buyers. Nissan Juke and Quashai have been a success for Nissan, Mercedes A Class, CLS and R class in Europe have done well for Mercedes-Benz. If they craft the car with greater sensitivity than the X6, I'm sure it will sell. What would it be called?!

A cross dresser.

X7. Coat Got.

H Class? Or have they got that far already.

The X6 is a very stupid car so it will not be difficult to better it. Even the R class MB is not quite as stupid.

Yup - a tomato with wheels attached to it will be better than an X6.

(and now for bonus points - which episode of Blackadder carries reference to a wheeled tomato? :D)

Problem is many people like conventional, where as many also like things cause they are different, so something like the X6 is always going to divide opinion.

The X6 would have sold far more if it had launched as a 5 seater rather than a 4 seater.

That CLS Shooting Break is the one that has got me excited, I just love the idea...

Mercedes-Benz-CLS-Shooting-Break-11.jpg

However I bet that will cursed by many on here.

Agree it looks fabulous - it actually redeems the new CLS's styling shortcomings.

However, as an estate car it is neither use nor ornament. :rolleyes:

Well yes and no! I don't need masses of space but I won't have the dogs all over my nappa leather in the CLS! If we go anywhere with dogs or extra people we take the ML at the moment, but the idea of having a car with a slightly sporting demeanour, room for the dogs and would probably do 10mpg more than the ML is appealing:D
But then I'm considering almost anything as my next car at the moment. From seriously sensible Golfs to madly decadent Jaguar XJ's:eek:

Last edited:
That sounds like a disease..

Spot on. It will be contagious, and everyone around will avoid you like the plague...:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom