Mercedes pre inspection oxford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pagzzy

Any recommendations who to use for a pre inspection for a used car at mercedes Oxford. Have put a deposit down on a car I like did some research and not heard great things about the dealership.

Any advice ?

Any recommendations who to use for a pre inspection for a used car at mercedes Oxford. Have put a deposit down on a car I like did some research and not heard great things about the dealership.

Any advice ?
If there’s a car for sale which you shouldn’t need to arrange for an inspection on, then it’s one from a Mercedes main dealer. You should have the option to return it for any reason in the first month, and both the warranty and consumer protection if there’s a fault.

Take the time to check for any signs of bodywork/trim imperfections and accident damage repairs, and inspect the service history before buying - don’t take the sales persons word on either, check it for yourself - and if both meet your expectations then you should be good to go.

Incomplete or non-main dealer service history and cosmetic issues seem to be a common reason for dissatisfaction and frustration after purchase because the new buyer expected perfection but didn’t check for perfection before buying - especially common with distance selling.

Good luck.

I agree with Bobby Dazzler. I bought a cla35 at the end of February from lsh auto Stockport. Due to it being a main dealer, I did have the reassurance that if there were issues, they'd be sorted but I've also been frustrated that things weren't right the first time.
I did a 300 mile round trip yesterday to take it back for the cosmetic issues to be sorted (the previous owner had touched up 3 chips on the bonnet but had made more of a mess than if he'd left them and the dealership hadn't dealt with it. I said I wasn't happy when i'd got it home in February and had a better look around it. They flattened the paint and it's sorted now.
I was frustrated though at the beginning. As I drove home, it brought up a message regarding the auxilary battery. I rang the dealership asking if i should turn around and they said it would charge on the way home. (I knew from the online tax details on dvla that it hadn't been taxed for a few months so i knew it had been stood. It was a very good price though).
The auxilary battery didn't charge so I booked it into my local dealer at Hull which meant a few hours taken up for me but while they had it, they checked it over (like LSH auto should have ) and it also needed a new main battery as well.
I have been frustrated with LSH auto and it's not what I expected from a main dealer but it's worked out ok in the end.
The issues were all things that should have been done before I collected the car though :rolleyes: Not sure if it's because they are so busy that things got missed or what but the price made it worth persevering with. I bought a C43 from them a few cars ago and had no issues so was surprised that this wasn't better.
I did get copies of the service history before I bought it and then saw the paperwork in the car when I viewed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom