Mercedes prices going up!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akmal17

dealer rang today and said that mercedes benz are putting prices from 1st october up on the e class......and we would have to pay £740 more! :wall: :mad: dealer said build date for our car is between 15th september and 20th september and if our car comes in september then were okay obut if it gets delivered in october then we are gonna have to pay £740 more!!! Ive got a weird feeling were gonna get our car in october :wall: :wall: :wall:

can anyone confirm this?????? :mad:

Yes, this is correct. Most MB cars are going up by 1.8%.
My SL350 has gone up £640 as it will be after 1st October.

Some cars go up more than others (i.e. SL500 goes up by £1800) A class stays pretty much the same.

It's a pain in the ass. Looks like time to start importing....

thats soooo bad....seen as though the prices for the mercedes e class went up by 3% when we ordered the car :mad:
going to dealer on saturday.....have a special word with him....see what he can do....;)

you think he will do any favours? :confused:

Originally posted by akmal17

you think he will do any favours? :confused:

To be frank, and I hate to say it: No.
He may give you a set of free floor mats but that will be about it!

Originally posted by Maff
To be frank, and I hate to say it: No.
He may give you a set of free floor mats but that will be about it!

lolz.....we already got the free mats of him when we first ordered the car :D anyway....we shall see what he says.....im going to try n get something like 6 cd changer or 17inch alloys :D (hopefully)
any other thing that i could possibly ask him for instead of the other 2 mentioned??

I hate these price increases, if you have already placed the order for a car and paid a deposit and the price was agreed, thats it, you only pay the agreed amount. Every one is trying to rip you off, all the components that I buy for my business have gone up by 15 % because of "the pound against the euro" rubbish, even parts currently in stock or old stock which should not go up have gone up, GREED ! It really makes my blood boil. I bet if you waited for the car to arrive and said another garage have got one in stock at the old price negotiations would commence.

Hopefully it will put people off and make my car more exclusive and I see loads on the road now :(

what really beeps me off is the fact that mercedes just increased thier prices when i placed my order. it went up 3% b4 and not its gone up by 3% agn :mad: thats an increase of 6% in 3 months :mad: im still hopin that we get delivery in sep, even if i have to collect my car 11:59pm on the 31st of september :) coz having to pay £750 its just stupid....its not a matter of i cant afford to pay the £750 when im buyin a 35k+ car, its just that when a price has been agreed.....it should stay agreed.....ppl who place an order now should be paying the price increas not me!

The trouble is that the cars are priced in Euros and the Euro has appreciated against the pound by about 15%. When Mercedes dropped their prices a few years ago the euro was worth less than 60p. Its now about 70p, so they've done OK holding the pricess down as much as they have. Also, the manufacturers aren't making any money, because they've chopped their profit margins to get sales. However, the dealers' margins have stayed put and they're selling loads of cars (record sales in July), that's why the shares of all car dealers have rocketed. There should be some leeway to negotiate with the dealer.

Unfortunately there's no point in importing any more for the simple reason that the Euro exchange rate makes it a non-starter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom